News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Newbie from Maine

Started by Sabertooth, May 26, 2010, 06:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabertooth

I can't find the "New Members Thread," so I'm posting here.  Hope that's okay!

I'm Jane, from Maine.  I have an '06 955i, and my husband has a 1050.  We can be found riding all over Maine (there is a LOT to see here) and Northern New England in general.  

I'm trying to find some graphics for my bike, as the previous owner didn't like the stripes and took them off.  I think my bike looks "naked."  Anyone have any leads to finding graphics anywhere?

Here are a couple pictures of my Girly:

Looks like I have a ton to read here!

Jane
Jane
2006 955i, Caspian Blue
2008 1050 Blaze Orange

EvilBetty

Well welcome to TigerTriple, Jane.  And thanks for your reply on Tiger1050!
That bike doesn't look lowered at all.

How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

P.S. Your License plate is hilarious  :lol:
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

aeronca

welcome aboard, from an x-new englander 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sabertooth

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Well welcome to TigerTriple, Jane.  And thanks for your reply on Tiger1050!
That bike doesn't look lowered at all.

How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

P.S. Your License plate is hilarious  :lol:

Glad you like my plate!  It gets a laughs, Tarzan yodels and random "chest beatings" now and then from passersby who happen to have great senses of humor!

I'm 5'11", but I have a 36" inseam.  My feet sit flat on the ground on both sides with knees slightly bent, and no, it's not lowered.  I'm just a lucky girl.   :D  I can ride my husband's 1050 comfortably as well.

Jane
Jane
2006 955i, Caspian Blue
2008 1050 Blaze Orange

EvilBetty

Nice!  So you have the same "problems" some of us guys have finding a bike BIG enough :)

Sabertooth

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Nice!  So you have the same "problems" some of us guys have finding a bike BIG enough :)

Well... "TALL enough" is an issue.  "BIG" isn't huge on my list of what I want in a bike.  I'm not the strongest Amazon on earth.  My husband had a HUGE cruiser that I wasn't keen on riding.  It was a Kawasaki Vulcan 1400 or 1700 or something gross like that.  It wasn't very manageable for me.  LOL

Jane
Jane
2006 955i, Caspian Blue
2008 1050 Blaze Orange

Sin_Tiger

Welcome. You're both very lucky, a whole Tiger family, any chance of a Cub next year  :wink:

Wish we could do things like that with UK plates, great icebreaker.

Try Bike Decals, I don't see Girly slashes on his current list but I believe he can do just about anything given the dimensions and a few decent pics.

I got my Steamer logo set from him, very helpful and pleasant bloke to deal with.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sabertooth

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Welcome. You're both very lucky, a whole Tiger family, any chance of a Cub next year  :wink:

Wish we could do things like that with UK plates, great icebreaker.

Try Bike Decals, I don't see Girly slashes on his current list but I believe he can do just about anything given the dimensions and a few decent pics.

I got my Steamer logo set from him, very helpful and pleasant bloke to deal with.

Hey, Sin_Tiger!  That's a great link!!  But it really makes me want that Union Jack flag draped over the front of the bike, as shown on the Daytona racing bike.  I suppose that requires a paint job.  Vinyl doesn't exactly "drape" well.  I'll contact him to see if he'd be interested in designing something for me and go from there.

As for cubs... our only cubs are also from across the pond.  They look like this...

His name is Tripper

and this...

8)

Jane
Jane
2006 955i, Caspian Blue
2008 1050 Blaze Orange

EvilBetty

Making me miss my Jack Russell's, Puck and Piper.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Sabertooth"Hey, Sin_Tiger!  That's a great link!!  But it really makes me want that Union Jack flag draped over the front of the bike, as shown on the Daytona racing bike.  I suppose that requires a paint job.  Vinyl doesn't exactly "drape" well.  I'll contact him to see if he'd be interested in designing something for me and go from there.

Actually modern vinyls can take on contures quite well. There are a few places locally that do a whole bike for less than US$ 200 with some outerageous stuff. Beauty of it is that you can change it quickly when you get fed up with it and it protects against the inevitible scrapes, if you decide to sell it on then you or the new owner can take it back to stock quickly and for nothing.

There was a guy on the 1050 forum in the US who posted up a pic of his with a union jack coverage accross the fairing and tank, not my cup of tea but it was nicely done.

Good luck  :new_popcornsmiley

"In time, most owners can be trained to obey their dogs"  :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

@Jane, I agree that she'd look better with Graphic but as sin says, shes a blank canvas now....  go wild.

@EB.  You should be showing Pattie this post... she  may want to keep the Girly yet   :?
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EvilBetty

We talked about it last night.  At 5'4" she's just way to intimidated by it's height and girth.

She's on a Buell Blast now though so a Ninja 250 would seem big :)

Sabertooth

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!!

EB, great terriers!!  I'm sorry you "miss" them.  It's such a fabulous breed for people who don't mind if their dogs are smarter than they are.  :)

Jane[/list]
Jane
2006 955i, Caspian Blue
2008 1050 Blaze Orange

tett

Welcome.

How cool is that having a Chic riding a Caspian Blue Tiger.  Awesome!  :lol:

The bike will only get better and better.  Have been riding for ~30 years and the Tiger is tops.  My other bikes are not seeing much pavement lately.

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

Geoff D

Quote from: "Sabertooth"I'm 5'11", but I have a 36" inseam.  My feet sit flat on the ground on both sides with knees slightly bent, and no, it's not lowered.  I'm just a lucky girl.   :D  I can ride my husband's 1050 comfortably as well.

Jane

Hi Jane  :wave you must have long legs, I'm 5'11'' too but have 32'' inseam....

Nice terriers but ..... Borders are cuter

The older I get the faster I was...