News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I almost got crashed again!!!!

Started by tazshido, July 26, 2011, 04:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

I broke my Tiger. Yes, I fell prey to the Reg/Rec failure and it took the stator with it, plus two of the electrical connections. I have a Rick's Stator and Reg/Rec inbound and plan to ship my stock stator off to Custom rewind for a spare.
While I am bike-less my boss lent me her Honda Shadow 1100 Sabre (I hate it). I was riding it to work and was almost there, as I crested the last hill before Camp Guernsey, a double belly dump tractor trailer rig was making a left into the oncoming lane, while a second double belly dump rig was accelerating behind him and decided to swing around him and pass. The sun was at my back and the pitiful headlight on the honda was occluded by the light. So at about 200 yards in front of me I'm faced with two large tractor trailer rigs in my lane and the opposing traffic lane. My only choice was to take the hard shoulder and hope nobody swerved. The wind blast nearly shoved me into the soft shoulder. As they passed, even though I'm sure the A-hole in my lane never saw me, I managed to give them both the finger. It took a while to get my heart slowed down, but I made to work, once again, alive and unscathed.
Beware of the cagers and truckers my brothers they know not how ignorant and stupid they are!
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis