News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

where to buy 855i crashbars in US?

Started by smoketriples, July 31, 2011, 02:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoketriples

So I've diligently read the forums, and have seen many recommendations for crash bars.....but can't find U.S. dealers.  The shipping from Europe or Australia is ..well...HIGH!.

Anyone found a US dealer for 2K Girly?
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

Mustang

these are for 955i tigers they should fit but not really sure

http://www.sportmotogear.com/Triumph_Ti ... 0%2001.htm

the 885 i 99-2000 was a two year bastard child run of the tigger not a lot of aftermarket stuff for it when it was new , even less now that it is 12 years old

Chris Canning

I've no idea were to buy in the US,but do yourself a favour and the bike  :D ,make sure their Touratech because as and when you need e'm they'll get the job done.

Mustang

TouraTech USA has nothing listed for 885I

and doing a little research it looks like you will need bars specific to 885I only.

If you really want a set bad enough you are going to probably have to pay international shipping charges .

smoketriples

Anyone have an idea of the differences in the bars from a 955 to the 855i?  

I have a pretty complete shop here, MiG, arc, oxyacet, presses and cutters, about the only thing I don't have is a proper bender or lathe (working on getting a metal lathe).

If it's close, I don't mind putting extra holes in or cutting off a mount and repositioning, if it's really different though not worth the work likely....

-eric
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

Dred

I dream shopped past a set on Ebay yesterday.  The price and shipping will get'm to you for under $500 if I recall correctly.  They are out of the UK, but the price seemed right.

I've got Ma's on my 885i, so you can see if they are still available.  They were american made.  I can't tell you if they are a 955 fitment 'cause they came attached to my bike.

If I was shop'n, I'd jump on the Fleabay set.  Good luck.

smoketriples

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/tiger-8 ... 4582-p.asp

$241 USD with shipping.  Guess I can't complain about that!  Exchange rate is a bit helpful today, and even though they show 129 british pounds on the web page, when you add to cart it's 108 pounds, then a break from the VAT since we're not in the EU, and a shipping cost of 35 pounds.

I guess I'll save my cutting and welding skills for the sw mototech centerstand the bike came with.  Now that it's in the flipped eccentric position that stand is useless.  I need to do a bit of cut and paste to make it the right height.

eric
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

Timbox2

Quote from: "smoketriples"Anyone have an idea of the differences in the bars from a 955 to the 855i?  

I have a pretty complete shop here, MiG, arc, oxyacet, presses and cutters, about the only thing I don't have is a proper bender or lathe (working on getting a metal lathe).

If it's close, I don't mind putting extra holes in or cutting off a mount and repositioning, if it's really different though not worth the work likely....

-eric

The 4 main mount points I believe are the same, the oil cooler position is the biggest difference and looking at pictures is right in the way of where the cross bar goes, so thats my guess.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

May sound a little odd but when looking for crash bars my priority was 'Are they going to be any good when I need e'm',reduced it very quickly to either Touratech or Thunderbars,they also do e'm for the 885i among other things.

Just about evrything else was unsupported forward facing like a scoop  :(

http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/shopn/spi/ ... bike_5_TIG

Mustang

thunderbike the best if you can still get em.................

PeteH

eric...Im using the same bars, theres a pic in the photos needed thread that shows em from the left side. These bars have payed for themselves as they`ve saved my tank twice :)

More photos on my www.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

smoketriples

ah good to hear they are durable....I hope not to drop mine, but then I hoped to be rich and good-looking, we know that didn't happen!

<snip> editing my post.  Looked at pics on yours, and looked at the ttechs, can definitely see the difference, but at double the price I'll just stick with the Fehling's and add some support bars and gussets.  Measure, notch, weld, everyone happy :).

Honestly, I just want them for the drop over.  If I lose it at speed I got bigger worries than if my crashbar folded. ....
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

topher0268

These guys in florida have the Hepco Becker's listed for 99-00

http://www.adventuremotorcycleparts.com ... gory_Code=
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

smoketriples

yeh i found them too....after i ordered from the guys in UK.  Don't know if the Heps are better or same as fehlings, but I'm going to beef them up anyway before install.
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe