News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tank Bag question

Started by Tom Krein, July 31, 2011, 11:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Krein

It looks like I will be the proud owner of a 2006 Girly next week....  I'm super excited and currently planning a fly and ride.

My question is what tank bags would you recommend for the Girly Tigers?  From what I understand they have a plastic tank so the magnetic bags are out.... RIGHT?

Also where is everyone getting the cool tank covers?

THANKS!

Tom

KuzzinKenny

Hey Tom Krein !! Welcome to TT.com  :occasion14

please fill in yer profile with a location  :roll: its a big Ol world  :lol:

i have 1 O these......

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/pr ... /1859/451/

the fitting....

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/imagecat ... /1859/372/

there's loads of sizes !!

have fun !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Tom Krein

Kenny,
Thanks for the info, I updated my profile!  :)

THANKS!

Tom

KuzzinKenny

In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

zadok_oz

+1 for the Quiklock. Works a treat. :D
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Tigertriple

Quote from: "Tom Krein"It looks like I will be the proud owner of a 2006 Girly next week....  I'm super excited and currently planning a fly and ride.

My question is what tank bags would you recommend for the Girly Tigers?  From what I understand they have a plastic tank so the magnetic bags are out.... RIGHT?

Also where is everyone getting the cool tank covers?

THANKS!

Tom

Hi Tom, Welcome to Tigertriple.com

Not sure of your location, but try these guys for a brand new genuine Triumph Tiger tank bag. I think they ship world wide.

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.p ... umph_parts

For tank covers,

http://www.motorbikesandparts.co.uk/sea ... cover.html

eBay is also worth a look for second hand covers.

:D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Chris Canning

Bagster tank cover no matter what,I see KK has put baglux which will confuse you,it's the UK importers name!!,this is the bag that Bagster supply.

It's OK but doesn't hold loads,and if we are on the road for a while use this,still on top of the Bagster tank cover,but has a base thats strapped on and tank bag that zips off.

Dred

You can spend some time or a small fortune trying different configurations.

If you like the tank covers ... baglux, bagster, top sellerie - the bagster's are the striped variety.  (I have one from top sellerie which seems to be an unstriped copy available out of France.)

If you're gonna cover the tank, best options are the bags designed to mount to the tank covers from the same providers (all have the same mounting points so they are interchangeable).  Or, one of the quick-loc connectors available from SW Motec or Twisted Throttle that kk showed.

I'm on my third iteration.  I got a wolfman with the bike.  Then I got the tank cover and rigged up a Pelican 1400 to the cover mounts.  I killed the stereo amp that was hiding in the Pelican on a Saddlesore recently.  So, I replaced the Pelican with a custom speaker box I fab'd up from glass and body putty.  I should explain that road noise isolation from headphones make me batshit crazy, but I value tunes while riding.  Well, the custom speaker was the demise of one of the tank bag mounting points, so I'm expecting a quicklock setup for the speaker later this afternoon (huge grin).

The quicklock is a slick ad sexy system.  I'd picked it out before I saw the restrictions on buying the top mount without a bag listed at SW Motec and at Twisted Throttle.  I rang them last week and they were kind enough to help me without forcing me to purchase a bag I didn't want/need.

I'll post pics of the sound rig in Farkles as soon as I get it sorted witht he quick-loc.

Dred

Chris Canning

You can buy a bagster unstriped.

Dred

That bagster seems to have a more tailored fit than my cover from Top Sellerie.  Specifically, it looks as if it's tailored to fit better along the bottom lip of the tank.  I nearly bid a used cover and bag that sold of fleabay yesterday to the seemingly improved tailoring.  Hopefully, I'll see a bagster in person before they become entirely possible to source.  I'm interested in what appears to be superior tailoring along the front and lower edges of the tank.

Anyway, pic attached showing the springs (2) and webbig mounted pelican.  The tighter springs I installed with the speaker caused the left side front attachment hook on the cover to break.