News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WANTED WTB: Tiger 955 Pannier Racks GIVI or SW MOTECH

Started by BlackSCRunner, August 03, 2011, 05:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSCRunner

I would really like to find a set of GIVI PL725 racks. I just ordered a set from compacc.com as they were listed as available on their website, "ships in 7-10 days". Well I just got an email today saying they are not available. They are going to try to find something for me, but I don't have high hopes.  I realize I can order the SW-Motech racks from twisted throttle but I don't like 2 things about them. First, the quick-lock system. I'd rather have them bolted for security. I don't care about removing the racks easily, the GIVI cases remove easily, and are locked. Second, price; if I do want to lock the racks thats an additional $40, add the Givi hardware and thats $20, plus the racks themselves at $230, add shipping and I'm over $300.  Compare that to the Givi's 'new' price at ~$150 shipped and it seems a bit much for a basic steel rack.  So, that being said if anyone has a GIVI compatible rack laying around new or used or can point me to one, I'd be very pleased! Thanks in advance!
2001 Triumph Tiger 955i

Tigertriple

I would suggest that you have a look on eBay as they come up from time to time. That's where I got mine from as no one sells them brand new.

Good luck :D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

greatbuffalo

Take a look at the Happy Trail system. They are the only ones offering the type of mounts your looking for.
2001 Triumph Tiger. Black

BlackSCRunner

Quote from: "greatbuffalo"Take a look at the Happy Trail system. They are the only ones offering the type of mounts your looking for.

Thank you, I have checked those racks out. They look nice.  I consider them to be quite expensive at over $300 with mounting hardware.  

I may just have to spend the dough for either the sw-motech or happy trails, but I am still hoping to find something second hand, or on a back shelf somewhere ;-)
2001 Triumph Tiger 955i