News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel guage

Started by Neverlost, August 08, 2011, 12:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neverlost

My 2004 Girly with 24,000 on the clock seems to have developed a bad fuel level indicator. I used to get about 150 miles until it was time to fill up, now at 100 Miles it has barely dropped. It is not an amazing increase in gas mileage. Is there anything that I can do to easily fix this without going to the poor house? I just did the 24K and that set me back enough.
Thanks.
Neverlost

KuzzinKenny

Hey Neverlost !! 150 miles for a tank load of fuel is bad !! the fuel gauge on Tigger's is an issue with some ( so far i've been lucky  :wink: ) so just use the trip when ya need fuel, zero it, fill tank and ride untill it reads 200 mile   :shock:  :lol:

How much fuel did it take to fill up after 150 mile ?? it is a 24 Lt tank !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

smoketriples

Did mileage change that much going to the 955 from the 885i?  I've two tanks through mine now and both were about 47 mpgs.....spirited riding with hardcases and trunk on ...

-e
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe

cosmo

47 is about right, for an old fart!!!  :)

Seriously, I get 45 everyday, mix of light-ish traffic and rural roads, and an occasional 'getting in on'.

So, 240 miles and I'm looking for the light to come on. Figure another 60 and I'm done, time to push.

At 150 miles to the tank, I'm thinking a new shifting strategy should be implemented - mainly TO upshift.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

smoketriples

Yep that's what I'm seeing too.  At 240ish I went looking for gas, still had like 1.4 gallon left.

I'm going to spring for the thunderbikes midpipe to replace my breadbox cat/collector.  They claim doing that alone without any other exhaust changes is quite a boost....hopefully to mpgs as well.

e
\'00 Girly
\'86 Honda CMX250D
\'82 Honda MB5
\'80 Honda CM400
\'79 Yam IT175
\'74 suzi gt750
\'74 suzi gt750 cafe