News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

engine number location

Started by wakdady, August 11, 2011, 01:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakdady

I'm at the dmv registering the bike and I can't find the engine number. Can someone take a pic of theirs? Please

wakdady

Crappy! Nevermind. It was covered in dirt. Well, the dmv wrote the wrong number down. I guess I gotta go back now

Mustang

The VIN for registration is on a decal on the headstock and I also think it is dot peened in the headstock
The engine number will not match the VIN

wakdady

yeah, california requires both numbers separately. for the engine number they used some number on the cylinder head. so i have to go back when i get a chance and have them correct it. i just hope it wont be too much of a hassle.

abruzzi

New Mexico is similar.  If a vehicle is being titled from out-of-state, an engine number is required as well as a vin. This was a problem with my KTM because the engine number was unreadable, even using the 'paper impression' method.

Geof