News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

air filter upgrade

Started by jp7rgv, September 22, 2011, 06:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jp7rgv

Hi,

today i fitted my new TOR exhaust and map and bike runs wonderfull!!!

however i want to install an aftermarket air filter to complete the engine
tuning.

so which is better? K&N, DNA or BMC ?

opinions and recommendations are welcome!

also i saw somewhere a modification to the airbox, does it worth?

jp7rgv

Come on guys! anyone?

i am so happy with my angy Tiger after exhaust/tune upgrades, that i want

to put the best air filter!!!

Bakerboy

Can't comment on tiger air filter choice,but I had a bmc fitted to a fazer thou which was highly modified,have to say it was a great bit of kit that i would recommend,but the choice of most tiger owners seem's to be k & n

Tigertriple

I run a K&N in a modified air box which is a good combination. I also have a TOR can fitted  :D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

jp7rgv

what about DNA or PIPERCROSS ?

Timbox2

Cant see it makes any difference mate, I had a BMC, but stick in whatever.
Having read a fair bit on air filters, Im not totally convinced that there is much in it performance wise between stock OE filters and aftermarket, but it does make financial sense if nothing else, an OE Triumph filter is about the same price, so as long as your keeping the bike more than 12,000 miles it pays for itself.  If I lived in a very dusty climate I would probably stick with OE though.
2016 Tiger Sport

Mustang

Quote from: "Timbox2"If I lived in a very dusty climate I would probably stick with OE though.
:iagree
just hold a k&n and a stocker up to a light source and then tell me which one you think would work better on a 200 mile stretch of fire road  :shock: