News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Another newbie {sigh}

Started by ridin gaijin, December 10, 2004, 04:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridin gaijin

Hello Tigerites,

A new owner here with 400 miles on the clock, living 7000 feet up in Santa Fe, where enough ice has cleared off my road so's I can finally carry on with the break-in. I'm a reader of the Tiger forums on TriumphRat, Advrider.com, and the Tigerlist. Never have enough Tiger advice.

I've been riding since 18 and my username derives from a year-long motorcycle tour of Japan I took in the 80's. Many roads since then and, thank Allah/Buddha/God/YHWH/The Cosmos/Insert higher power here, not a single wreck. At the moment I'm involved in aftermarket lust (crash bars, extra headlight(s), chain oiler, my god it goes on) and also new riding jacket lust.

I did plenty of research before settling on the Tiger, including riding the R1200GS. Rode another today, you can see the report here:

http://triumphrat.net/modules.php?op=mo ... 4&forum=26

I'm looking forward to learning & sharing. There. How nice! Pleased to meet you all.

05 Lucifurry Orange
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Badger

Welcome mate. I'm glad to see you bought the proper Tiger coloured one. Enjoy.
Growing Old Disgracefully

Patrick the Scot

Gaijin;

Nice to have you in the Forum.  Did you buy your Tiger form PJ's Tiumph? I found those fellas to be very helpful and knowledgable.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

ridin gaijin

Patrick, I did. From reading others' posts it sounds like some dealers don't focus on the brand or on service too much, but PJ and his crew have been completely helpful and straightforward. It's a pleasure to deal with folks who inspire trust!
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Patrick the Scot

Quotebut PJ and his crew have been completely helpful and straightforward. It's a pleasure to deal with folks who inspire trust!

I will second that - my purchase from PJ's Triumph was the most pleasurable and hassle free vehicle deal I have ever made.  I can't emphasize how much I think of their outfit.  The seem to be really decent people who have a strong passion for the Triumph brand.  They actual knew what the rake and trail was of the new Tiger.  Most motorcycle sales people don't even know what rake and trail is or how it affects the performance of the bike, let alone the actual figures for a particular model.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS