News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wind power (No I dont mean a hot curry)

Started by Tigertriple, August 04, 2011, 08:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Frankie Boyle.  Funny funny guy.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

PompeyLad

Interesting that there is this claim that Turbines don't work in cold weather. My brother is a lineman in the UK and he was talking about this very thing last year when he visited me in Sweden. He decided to change his tune when we drove past a field of turbines happily generating power at -35C.  ALL of my electric is wind generated. Wind is a viable method of generating electricity but, along with other forms of clean/renewable energy, will never be allowed to mature whilst oil is still making trillions of dollars for the power elite. As for the bird killing aspect of wind turbines....."I laugh in your general direction..." I smile as I type this because I am looking out of my window and looking at my two cage type vehicles, A Prius sitting next to a Chevy K1500 Silverado stepside with a 350 motor. Lets see yas stick a label on me.

Oh yea! back to the original post, esthetically I think they are cool, not in the least an eyesore unlike a big stinking smokestack or a row of cooling towers.  Is wind the answer? Hell no!,

:thumbsup  :icon_scratch