News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

back support

Started by rybes, August 25, 2011, 10:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

evenin everyone. in a few weeks i got a 1900 mile journy to do on me steamer, should be fun  :roll:  does anyone else that rides long distances have a bad lower back ? if ya do, do you wear somthin to support it, if not what do you do to make it less tirin on the back ?
cheers all :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

KuzzinKenny

If its cool atoll, i wear a kidney belt !! but it has to be somethin that breathes cos if ya sweat it gets wet and makes it worse  :(

or load up yer bike so yer leanin against yer sleepin bag   :lol:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

ArcticTiger

Do you use a back/spine protector?

I use a Dainese back protector, it is fairly stiff, and provides some support for my lower back whilst sitting on the bike.

They say that a good helmet and a good back protector is the most important safety gear you wear whilst on a motorbike.
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Spud

Ruptured a disc a few years ago, I use a back protector helps with my posture. cheers Spud   :wink:

Spud

Ruptured a disc a few years ago, I use a back protector helps with my posture. cheers Spud  :wink:

Yankee Dog

Quote from: "ArcticTiger"....................They say that a good helmet and a good back protector is the most important safety gear you wear whilst on a motorbike.

The most important safety gear are your ear plugs. You MIGHT fall off the bike and need your helmet. The wind noise WILL and IS damaging your hearing every time you ride.

Yankee Dog

Timbox2

Quote from: "Yankee Dog"
Quote from: "ArcticTiger"....................They say that a good helmet and a good back protector is the most important safety gear you wear whilst on a motorbike.

The most important safety gear are your ear plugs. You MIGHT fall off the bike and need your helmet. The wind noise WILL and IS damaging your hearing every time you ride.

Yankee Dog

My hearing was permanantly damaged at a Led Zep concert in 1975 :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

rybes

i wear a back protector but it dosnt give me no back support. from what ive seen i think i shall be gettin one before i go. now its just deciding what one. im thinkin a motorcross one as they seem to offer more support than a neoprene belt. anyone got a recomendation on a good belt ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)