News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Blue Flame can problems.

Started by mikeybikey57, August 27, 2011, 09:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeybikey57

I remember something similar to this issue cropping up before but have been unable to find the link.

After many wasted hours on e-bay I finally managed to bag myself a Blue Flame oval dual port end can (thanks Matt!). Later this afternoon I
fitted it to my '05 Girly with no apparent problems. Started up fine, made a lovely sound, no leaks at the joints etc.

The problem came when I went to put the panniers back on and the exhaust side pannier wouldn't fit. The can appeared to be sitting too low and at slightly the wrong angle, which made it foul the bottom of the cutout. I've tried all manner of manipulation and permutations with the link pipe and clamps to get the effing thing to fit properly but to no avail.

Having re-fitted the stock can and calmed myself down with a cuppa and a chocolate digestive, I decided it might be an idea to ask for advice from anyone with previous experience of this problem and it's remedy.

Seems like a much better option than hitting it repeately with a lump hammer till it fits.
There\'s no point in worrying about life, because you\'ll never get out of it alive.

Timbox2

Think it might have been Bixxer Bob who had similar problems but not 100%, he may be along soon, if his Broadband is working
2016 Tiger Sport

Mustang

2nd page of this thread ............

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/viewto ... blue+flame

why does everyone seem to have a problem with the search function  :?:
while I agree it's not the finest , I found your answer in like under a minute

tick the search all terms button , it works better