News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

its arrived!

Started by NeilD, September 02, 2011, 06:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Tom Krein"
Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"Hey NeilD !! congrats  :thumbsup

did it come with the panniers ? i see the brackets are there !!

keep the coolant between the Min and Max or it'll spit it out  :lol:

keep the chain slack  :shock:  :roll:

and mind an always shut the bike off with the key ( not the kill switch )

now go have some fun   :wink:

KK

WHY shut it off with the key VS the kill switch?  I really don't know....  

THANKS!

BTW... SWEET BIKE!

Tom

Hey Tom !! as far as i know, the kill switch is like shuttin yer computer off at the plug instead of the right way !! the ECU saves data when ya use the key  :?  just what i've heard  :wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Are you sure about that Kenny??

Try switching it off with the key and listen for the click a couple of seconds later as the ECU opens the relay that switches off it's power when it's done.

Now stop it with the kill switch.  Notice the couple of seconds pause, then click??
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Are you sure about that Kenny??

Nope !!  :shock:  :?  :lol:

as its the only book i have, i got it from there  :)

TO STOP THE ENGINE
 Close the throttle completely.
 Select neutral.
 Turn the ignition switch to the 'off' position.
 Support the motorcycle on a firm, level surface with the side stand.
 Lock the steering.

CAUTION: The engine should
normally be stopped by
turning the ignition switch off. The
engine stop switch is for emergency
use only.

copy n paste  :wink:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

OK, got the book out and it seems my memory is failing me (no big surprise). The writer is correct, if you use the kill switch you don't isolate everything as you do using the key and ign switch.  The kill switch isolates the power to the fuel pump, ign circuit and dash, but doesn't kill power to the ECU.  HOWEVER, using the kill switch doesn't - as is popularly thought - kill power to the ECU thus stopping it saving the trims.  Unless you disconnect the battery while the bike is running (DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME) the ECU will always keep itself powered up until it's saved everything.  (I knew I was right about that bit).

Interestingly, if your battery is duff or your charging circuit is U/S that could effect their being enough power to save everything properly though....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NeilD

its Gone!!!!

well the more I rode it after the work done on it, the better it got.. however, I really wanted something a bit lighter and managable as most of my riding is done on backroads and B roads... so P/X'd it today for an 800 'roadie'  :shock:  :)   thanks everyone for your words of wisdom...

Chris Canning

Quote from: "NeilD"its Gone!!!!

well the more I rode it after the work done on it, the better it got.. however, I really wanted something a bit lighter and managable as most of my riding is done on backroads and B roads... so P/X'd it today for an 800 'roadie'  :shock:  :)   thanks everyone for your words of wisdom...

Hence why most of the miles I ride in the UK are on an XT660X.