News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Diagnostic connector problem

Started by jp7rgv, September 07, 2011, 06:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jp7rgv

Hi,
today tried to connect the ecu with the diagnostic and then with a laptop but
nothing. tested another ecu and the same problem.
Has anyone had the same problem with me in the past?
best solution? i think that or the connector or probably a wire is the problem.
any help?

Bixxer Bob

JP, I guess English isn't your first language, but please indicate in your profile which country you are so we have a clue when we're helping  :wink:

Regarding your problem.  Since you've tried 2 ECUs and got the same result, and diagnostic equipment and a laptop, the problem is probably with your cable.

Has it worked before or is this the first time you've tried to use it?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

jp7rgv

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"JP, I guess English isn't your first language, but please indicate in your profile which country you are so we have a clue when we're helping  :wink:

Regarding your problem.  Since you've tried 2 ECUs and got the same result, and diagnostic equipment and a laptop, the problem is probably with your cable.

Has it worked before or is this the first time you've tried to use it?

No, English isn't my first language. i am Greek.
i was writting fast so i wasn't thinking with the English way of writting.
It's the first time i tried it, because i bought the bike a couple months before.
bike is very good, except it's running rich.
i was thinking that a broken cable is the problem.
Is it better to try fix it or replace the wiring harness?
thanks for your time!

jp7rgv

Anyone how had the same problem?
Any suggestions?
Does it worth to find the broken cable and fix it or should i replace the wiring?

KuzzinKenny

Just checkin !! make sure this is what ya have.........

System requirements:
Computer:  PC or Netbook , running  Windows (XP, Vista,  Windows 7, USB 2.0 or better.) 1024x576 display and NET Framework Vers. 2.0 - 3.5 only.
Cable for connecting to the dedicated 16-pin diagnostic plug of the Engine Control Module (ECM): USB/OBDII cable with FTDI chip set and associated CDM (D2XX) ver. 2.06.00 drivers or higher.

DO NOT USE THE drivers that came with the cable, on the CD !!

and you downloaded the latest TuneECU software from, Downloads !!

http://tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/links.html

have fun !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Bixxer Bob

Nice to see your confidence building Kenny  :wink:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "jp7rgv"Anyone how had the same problem?
Any suggestions?
Does it worth to find the broken cable and fix it or should i replace the wiring?

I  meant the cable connecting your diagnostic plug to your computer. You have to have the right one.  Kenny's also correct, make sure you are using the right drivers.  Are you using Tune ECU or just a stock OBD2 program?

jp7rgv

hi,
thanks for replying.
a triumph dealer tried both ways but couldn't connect.
i believe that the problem is the cable, as he told me.
but i don't know the best solution.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Nice to see your confidence building Kenny  :wink:

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

copy n paste  :oops:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly