News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Found....alarm!!

Started by Reubs, September 08, 2011, 01:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reubs

Since I have had my Girly the alarm has'nt been working....
This morning I found a blown fuse and replaced it....and the alarm set itself.....and keeps going off for no apparent reason!....

I have been on the datatool website, downloaded the manual and still cant disable the bloody thing!...

IF all that was stopping the alarm was a blown fuse before ( I did put the blown one back in but no luck trying that!), I wonder if the charge in the alarm had dissapated before and had recharged itself when I connected a good fuse?

IN which case If I follow the de-spiking instructions can I get it back to a not working state and just not put a new fuse in it?

Any ideas appreciated

Cheers
Doug

Mustang

happy reading .........................you should find something here
http://tigertriple.com/forum/search.php?mode=results
it's what the search button is for :wink:

type datatool alarm
tick the search for all terms button

click the search button

Reubs

Thanks Mustang.........been on it in between turning the bloody alarm off!

I have found out how to do the short wiring on the plug....but havent found out yet if I can pull the fuse out and let the alarm just drain itself....

Mustang

toss it they are fookin uselesss anyway.................

rf9rider

The best thing you can do with the Datatool alarm is take it off.
I posted on here a  while back about one on my wifes Fazer 600, it immobolised itself and i couldn`t get the bike started.
Followed the instructions as per their website, nothing.
I took it off in the end and smashed it up as the alarm kept going even when i disconnected the bloody thing.
Took me a weekend to sort the wires, and got through a few fuses but got there in the end.  :lol:

Reubs

Thanks guys...Its gonna come off!....I wish I had never put the new fuse in the bloody thing in the first place now!.....

Day off tomorrow so its a morning in the garage...

Cheers again...and  'search' will be used before asking questions in future!

Reubs

OK...so I took off the cover to get to the alarm and the plug connector to do the shorting link....to find a black box with 4 screws holding a bottom plate on and a load of black wires going from one side to the alarm and the other to the wiring loom...and sods law I dont have a torx to fit the screws either...

Is the connector I am after in this box?...if not where do I find it....

sorry to be a nuisance guys..

Mustang

there should be a plug connector in the bike harness under the seat or rear cowl that the alarm plugs into .
if you have the triumph blanking plug that the bike came with originally all you have to do is plug it in ..in place of the harness going to the alarm

otherwise
try going to datatools website and download the pdf that is for your model of datatool

iansoady

Mine is hard wired in, without the connector. Bit of a pain.....

However, it is possible to disable the immobilisation aspect whilst keeping the alarm function.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

rf9rider

Mine was hard wired too, thats why it took me a weekend to sort the wires, as they were all the same  size and colour.
It was just a case of trial and error, connecting wires until everything worked  :lol:
I got through a lot of fuses doing it that way, but got them free from work, so didn`t cost anything, just time.

Reubs

Thanks again guys I've just had 5 mins to go and try to find the plug...but nope it is hard wired in a treat...I also found out it is an S4 Red and not an S3 as I thought....

Still puzzled as to why it was not working with only the main fuse blown....maybe if I disconnect the battery and leave it for a few days and not put a fuse in it will drain the internal battery in the alarm and I will be back to the way it was before I put the bloody fuse in to start with!!

looks like its going to be an interesting weekend ahead!!