News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wheel Bearings....

Started by peds, September 11, 2011, 03:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peds

On the 'spoked' variation, what is the easiest way to re-pack the wheel bearings with grease? Not looked at the front yet, but on the rear there is a 'crud-cap' over the bearing housing.
Is this part of the bearing or can this come out without damage to enable re-packing and re fitting the cap, please?

:D
"I\'d rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."

"Never ride faster than your guardian angel".

lucifer

I think I right i saying that the wheel bearings are sealed type. When they are worn out you replace them.

CP.

Mustang

they are sealed bearings you can not repack them ................time to replace em if in doubt

Patman1200

You can re-pack bearings as long as you can get the weather seal off.
I use a scalpel to lift the edge of the weater seal and then a plastic blade to lift it off the bearing. Pack a load of clean grease in then press the seal back on. As long as you don't damage the weather seal then it'll last ages.
2001 Tiger 955i - Stock
1998 Bandit 1200 - Holeshot Stage 1 kit
2000 TTR 250 - Mud machine
1996 Bandit 400 vv - Screamer

iansoady

They're cheap enough. Just replace them.

Lots of people make the mistake of thinking that "pack" means just that - in fact if you fill the bearing you'll cause problems as the grease churns and expands.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Mustang

Quote from: "iansoady"They're cheap enough. Just replace them.

Lots of people make the mistake of thinking that "pack" means just that - in fact if you fill the bearing you'll cause problems as the grease churns and expands.
yep they are sealed for a reason ............to keep muggles out  :ImaPoser