News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2011 Eastern Tiger Streak

Started by ArchRider, September 14, 2011, 05:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArchRider

In advance, I apologize if you have already read this on TriumphRat.net.  This is exactly the same information.

Well, here we go.  I'm calling on all of you Tiger riders east of Nashville (and further if you wish to ride that far.)  I've made some inquiries at Rider's Roost (Ferguson, NC) and it looks like Oct. 20-22 is open.  So, let's get this together again.  I'd like to see us get more Tigers at this one than in 2009 (did anyone ever get an official count?)

I know this is late notice so I am keeping it simple and informal.  There will be no entrance fee.  We're just getting together because we all enjoy Tigers (any shape or size), we all like riding, and we all like sit around fires and BS.  

And since he started the whole thing, I am following Jerry's approach.  If you are looking for tents with stuff and vendors handing out trinkets, this won't be it.  And while Stephen put together some great give-aways two years ago, I just don't have time for that right now.  However, the best part about the event two years ago was just everyone kicking back, having a good time, and meeting some new friends. That's what I'd like to revive so, if you're interested, meet us ain Ferguson.

Everyone can make their own arrangements with Rider's Roost here http://www.ridersroost.com/index2.html.  I noticed they do not take camp site reservations over the internet but I think you can do it by phone.  The only thing I ask is that if you decide to attend, please email me (mailto:paulbielicki@yahoo.com">paulbielicki@yahoo.com).  That way I can get a good count of the expected riders and I can also keep the campground, other motels, restaurants, etc. notified of our expected numbers.

Sue at the Roost told me that they will have dinner on both Friday and Saturday night (they charge a small fee) so let's try to get everyone together those nights for some grub.  After that it's back to the campfires for whatever suits you. :friday

I'd like to have some rides mapped out for everyone before we get there and I'll send all the attendees who email me, an electronic file with maps before the event.  And here's where I need a little help.  I live in Knoxville  :shock: so I don't have cardinal knowledge of the area.  I have some maps that Stephen handed out two years ago but I would also like to add to those.  So, for anyone who knows the area well, would you please offer some direction :mrgreen: .  We're looking for half-day and full-day rides.

As I get more information, I plan on updating this thread so keep your eyes open.  I think we can make this a great event.  I'm already thinking about next year and where we might be able to have it.  Currently, I'm thinking further up the eastern seaboard so I'll have to call on the Northeastern Tiger contingent when we get ready for rides up there.

Let's have a good blow out before the winter winds come back and some us pack up the Tigers until spring.