News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

which is the better option low mileage or service history???

Started by Bakerboy, September 19, 2011, 12:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakerboy

have the chance to view 2 x tigers both 2004 cast wheel models,one has covered 24k with loads of farkles,the other is a low mileage 9k but with some marks on the engine casing,which is more important, service history & maintenance or low mileage,for the record both are the same price

Mustang

24k is nothing ....buy the one that speaks to you  :D

Timbox2

Ive just p/x'd my 04 Tiger with 50k miles on it, running better than ever, and I may be biased, but looked better than some Id seen with half the mileage.
Personally Id rather buy a bike thats been used and looked after than one thats been sat in a shed half its life, but we are all different, for some low mileage is everything.

The 24k bike with Farkles sounds like a loved bike.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

You ask us the question that only you can/will answer.

Bakerboy

Quote from: "Chris Canning"You ask us the question that only you can/will answer.
Chris your right & I do have a preference for the 24k model with its farkles,but am awaiting an aswer as to whether the big 24k service has been carried out?cast wheel model £3150

Chris Canning

When folk talk about service in my book all I'd be interested in 'Has the oil been changed' as for big service it won't make any difference because I assume you'll strip the bike anyway,K+N,blanking plate,fuel filter,I'd have the latest tune put in at a dealer as a starting point,and even if the guy had said he'd changed the oil yesterday I'd still change it.

Bakerboy

Quote from: "Chris Canning"When folk talk about service in my book all I'd be interested in 'Has the oil been changed' as for big service it won't make any difference because I assume you'll strip the bike anyway,K+N,blanking plate,fuel filter,I'd have the latest tune put in at a dealer as a starting point,and even if the guy had said he'd changed the oil yesterday I'd still change it.
ooh do tell more,blanking plate?

Chris Canning

It's called a search button,jesus I stick my neck out,then do a write up now you want me to point it out  :D

Bakerboy

Quote from: "Chris Canning"It's called a search button,jesus I stick my neck out,then do a write up now you want me to point it out  :D
Any images of this so called air box mod/blanking plate anywhere?

Chris Canning

Timbox2

Quote from: "Chris Canning"There you go  :roll:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=airbox

Your getting too soft mate :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Timbox2"
Quote from: "Chris Canning"There you go  :roll:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=airbox

Your getting too soft mate :lol:

That did occur to me :D

Bixxer Bob

I notice it took two posts though.  The old, "I've told you what to look for, look for it yourself" approach followed immediately by words to self:  "Don't be an arse, you know what to look for so will take you half the time..." follow-up.

:ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bakerboy

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I notice it took two posts though.  The old, "I've told you what to look for, look for it yourself" approach followed immediately by words to self:  "Don't be an arse, you know what to look for so will take you half the time..." follow-up.

:ImaPoser
He's being gentle with me as I'm local to him & may gently kick him in the b*llock's,also when I f*ck up anything,he is close enough to be able to sort it out :wink: