News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ACF50

Started by HockleyBoy, September 23, 2011, 10:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

Anyone use ACF50 on their bike?, keep seeing it and thinking it may be good for the Tiger as I ride all year round but as it is a bit pricey I wondered if it really works.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Tigertriple

In my opinion this is one of the best protective sprays you can buy. Not only will it protect your bike it will stop corrosion from spreading. I only started using it a couple of years ago and I agree it's not cheap, but it's worth every penny. A little goes a long way. There are lots of deals to be had online. I think my last order was from Busters which was for a 2 pack for around £25.00

The last Honda ST 1300 I owned had a lot of corrosion under the fork yokes. I treated it with ACF50 and it cleared away the corrosion and stopped further problems.

You can use it on electrical components without any problems. I spray it on all the switches and ignition barrel Every time I take the tank of my Tiger I give everything underneath a good spray and that way there is no  corrosion building up. I also use it on my car and around the house on door locks and the like. This stuff is the dogs bollocks.

I also use the ACF50 grease on areas like wheel nuts and battery terminals.

It's not a substitute for good cleaning and maintenance, however it works really well and will protect your bike between cleans. I don't mean to blow my own trumpet, but if you have a look at pics of my Tiger you'll see how good it works at keeping it pristine.  If you decide to buy some I would be interested to hear what you think of it once you try it. I hope this info helps.

:D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

JetdocX

From parts unknown.

97steamer

Used it for years on cars, bikes, lawnmowers, pushbikes and garden furniture. It's brilliant - use it

metalguru

Been using Duck Oil for years with the same affects as ride all year too. It's available from motor factors in the UK and I dare say is available on the net.
It is quite cheap at about £8 for a gallon (UK).

Also for lubeing the chain etc I use TF2 which is made by Weldtite and is normally £14 a tin but cut price bargains can be had on Amazon. Found a bargain at 65p per can so bought 10! It is a very slippery Teflon based lube which doesn't fling and dries transparent and dry. Alot cleaner than chain grease if you have a coloured chain.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

KuzzinKenny

Or there's this stuff.................

http://www.scottoiler.com/uk/Lubes-Clea ... e.tpl.html

you can blast it anywhere apart from yer brake discs !! brings yer engine cases up a treat, nice an shiny black  :D

even if you put yer bike away wet after a ride in the rain, blast this on and leave it to dry and it forms a protective coatin !!

KK

ps i do have ACF50 aswell  :wink:
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

HockleyBoy

Thanks all for the feedback and other options, I think I will get some ACF50 and give it a try this winter to see how I get on.

Will have a look out for TF2, no bargains that good on Amazon at the moment.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport