News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I Like A Bargain Me

Started by HockleyBoy, March 27, 2012, 09:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

As most of you know, the RegRec is a weak point on Girlies and having a spare one isn't a bad idea if you are travelling but they are not all that cheap.

Having had another bout of chariging troubles, I was looking for a reasonably priced new one and found these;-

http://www.brooksbarn.co.uk/TRIUMPH-TRIPLES-01-5-regulator-rectifier-30AMP-SPRINT-1050-7-wires_ATGPT.aspx

Not bad for £28 delivered and very fast service. At that price definitely worth keeping one in the garage.

And no, I do not have any connection with the shop, just passing on a useful link.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

I bought a spare a while back at a dam sight more than that,that is really good money,but very often look at the one on the bike and think blimey what a pain that'll be to change on the side of the road  :(

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "Chris Canning"I bought a spare a while back at a dam sight more than that,that is really good money,but very often look at the one on the bike and think blimey what a pain that'll be to change on the side of the road  :(

I tend to agree with you but it's nice to have the option as it could save your holiday and even if you get a local garage to do the work you still need the part.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

iansoady

That is a very good price. A short browse through the site threw up a Lucas YTX14-BS for under £30 which is very cheap. I just wonder.....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

robxxxx

HockleyBoy

BigDan

Do they usually go when the bike rests for a while, or when in regular use?

My Girly gets ridden 360 days of the year, lol.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "BigDan"Do they usually go when the bike rests for a while, or when in regular use?

My Girly gets ridden 360 days of the year, lol.

They can go either way, mine gets ridden about the same as yours and I have still had a few charging problems. Pays to inspect your electrical connections once in a while and apply dielectric grease. A voltmenter is also a good idea so that you can spot problems early.

jphish

Wonder if there is a stateside supplier for non-OEM Reg / Rec ? Havent had a problem on my 06'...yet - but probably good to have a spare.

metalguru

Quote from: "jphish"Wonder if there is a stateside supplier for non-OEM Reg / Rec ? Havent had a problem on my 06'...yet - but probably good to have a spare.

In the States you have the largest supply of non OEM RRs, Every breaker will have loads in stock, they may not look quite the same and may have to change the connector for the original but as long as they are capable of handling the alternator output (lol), then any 3 phase rect/reg will do the job, or at least get you home.
Have used Honda RRs on 2 phase systems on old brit and HD systems with one phase wire not connected and still made the journey. Probably some would call it a lash up but if it means the difference of riding or recovery...........
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

GARYSTIGER955i

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"As most of you know, the RegRec is a weak point on Girlies and having a spare one isn't a bad idea if you are travelling but they are not all that cheap.

Having had another bout of chariging troubles, I was looking for a reasonably priced new one and found these;-

http://www.brooksbarn.co.uk/TRIUMPH-TRIPLES-01-5-regulator-rectifier-30AMP-SPRINT-1050-7-wires_ATGPT.aspx

Not bad for £28 delivered and very fast service. At that price definitely worth keeping one in the garage.

And no, I do not have any connection with the shop, just passing on a useful link.

Unfortinately you get what you pay for.. And these Items are probably Chinese Crap.. They may last five minutes or five weeks..
"Led Zepplin didnt write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"

2001 green 995i Tiger
1989 BMW K100 RT
1982 Honda xl185s (now Sold)
1987 Suzuki Gs 850GG
1998 VZ 800 maurader
2004 Suzuki RV 125 vanvan
1998 LDV 400 Convoy.

HockleyBoy

Quote from: "GARYSTIGER955i"They may last five minutes or five weeks..

Unfortunately this seems to also apply to the OEM and Electrex World Reg Recs, they are just a whole lot more expensive