News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Revs vs speed query

Started by 97steamer, September 25, 2011, 12:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97steamer

On a run up the motorway yesterday my 97 was doing an indicated 70-75mph at around 4800-5000 revs in top gear. Assuming standard sprocket/tyre sizes, does this sound about right?

:?

rf9rider

Sounds similar to mine mate.

BruKen

sounds the same as mine on bog standard oem sprockets

97steamer

Cool, many thanks. It was a basic question but it helps me to get to know the bike.

I took the wheels off to get new tyres today and it was obvious that the wheels had never been off before. Perfect condition spindles with not a hint of corrosion or owt. Now that Nige AKA Metalguru has confirmed that the engine is good and has cleaned and balanced the carbs, I'm dead chuffed  :P

BruKen

:D  Watch that hook its got barbs. Before you know it (if you aren't already) you'll become an engineer and waffle on about all things British.  :friday