News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Decent engine shop needed - UK

Started by akendall1966, September 25, 2011, 10:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akendall1966

Help!!!

Need a recommendation of a decent engine shop that could skim and line hone the camshaft bearings on a DRZ 400 (single) head.

Sadly some Muppet had over torqued the bolts on one side and left the others finger tight resulting in some scoring from a probable seizure at some stage.

Hopefully getting it honed is more economic than taking a chance on a  unknown head from EBAY.
----AK-----

Bixxer Bob

Suggest ringing Paul, the owner of UFO Motorcycles in Huntingdon and ask who he uses. Make sure you get Paul as he's quite helpful, not one of the staff.  If I think of anything else I,ll let you know.[/list]
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Rob Walker engineering, unfortunately they are over this side of the country near Witney. 01993 868683 if that helps.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

akendall1966

Thanks John - They came up on a google search and looked capable, so goo to know there worth asking. Whitney isn't to far and a resonable excuse for a ride over.

AK
----AK-----

Bixxer Bob

Just to be clear, they don't do the work themselves, they outsource.  But Paul will be using whomever is the best local firm.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...