News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Another new boy....

Started by robxxxx, October 07, 2011, 03:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robxxxx

Morning all.

Just noticed that I have been lurking for about a year and a half. Is this a new record? Where do I claim my prize?
Thought I better say hello after this long. Bought a 55 plate Girly in feb 2010 to replace a Honda Firestorm. Wanted something to tour on two up, the wife's arse couldn't deal with the storm's pillion for more than an hour and I would have gone deaf after three hours with the ART race cans it had.
So Tiger took over the duty of big touring bike, here's a pic of us on the first day of our trip to France, Spain and Italy.......

a good start.

Rocinante

I have seen that look before in similar situations. :roll:

How did the rest of the trip go?
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

robxxxx

It got sorted the next day. In the photo the RAC man is phoning yet another Triumph dealer on the hunt for parts, was a small backstreet dealer that solved the problem. Reg/Rec had died.
Rest of the trip was great.

chairhead

Quote from: "robxxxx"Reg/Rec had died.
Rest of the trip was great.
Welcome to the site mate,the reg/rec thing,...yeah been there done that,
as have a lot of us,on the up side i dont think you'll find a site with better support so you're in the right place :) ,where in the country are you?
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Chris Canning

As someone who hardly ever rides a bike one up,the look on your wifes face :D been there done that :oops:  oh the joys of biking  :roll:

Welcome to the best technical site by some margin,

Nick Calne

Quote from: "Chris Canning"As someone who hardly ever rides a bike one up,the look on your wifes face :D

That's the look my wife gives me all the time!  Welcome to the site.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

Photo looks like the chunnel car park,did the RAC man have fun getting in or just tell e'm he was going to France  :D

robxxxx

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Photo looks like the chunnel car park,did the RAC man have fun getting in or just tell e'm he was going to France  :D

Chris,I don't know how you spotted that from the lack of backround detail. But you should be working for MI5!! Yes it is. And we had ridden through to the last checkpoint/passport thing, wife had forgotten to get the documents out the top box so I stopped just before. Went to start it two minutes later and dead! Had to push it back to that car park and wait for RAC. And I have to give him a shed load of thanks for what he did. Was a biker himself, so managed to find a bike shop willing to look at it that day. Oh, and he did a good line of cheap booze and fags   :D

Chris Canning

Our Tiger went belly up just past the Honda dealer on the A2 just outside Dover a few years ago,one of the females fuel connectors sheared off and there was no fix for us,well sort of,RAC stumped up a rental car,drove 200 miles back home,packed our gear onto another bike and back down to Dover the following morning to meet our friend who'd stayed in Calais and then onto Berne in Switzerland 775miles on 3 hours sleep and 500 odd the previous day  :cry: ,hence the look on your wifes face is very apt  :roll: ,I'll show my other half the photo  :D