News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replacement T6.5 Ultra bright LED bulbs.

Started by Noddyhd, October 07, 2011, 08:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noddyhd

Hi Guys 'n' Grils.

I've been looking for the replacement LED bulbs for the clocks and idiot lights talked about else where on the site and up to now could not find them  :? .

I have found a source of supply in the UK at last...... :shock:   :D  :D

The company is ACEPARTS Performance Lighting. They sell through fleabay, the ones I've bought are for £3.95 for a pair including p'n'p.

The current flea bay number is 350489859614 in case you want a look.

I'll let you know how they turn out.
\'98 Steamer in BRG.
\'81 HD Wideglide.
\'85 HD Wideglide.
\'74 GT750 \'Kettle\'

97steamer

Cool. I'd be interested in your findings  :lol:

GavD

I used those guys to buy LED's for the dash and they work a treat. Lovely and bright, not the old dull yellow of the filament bulbs. Unfortunately you cant change the bulb in the clock or the low fuel light, but all the rest work well.

I seem to remember there are some of the bulbs are smaller than the T6.5's but I cant remember what size or where.

At the sametime I also fitted LED indicators, sidelights & tail/brake light, and also added an extra LED strip as an extra tail/brake light.
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

Noddyhd

Hi all.

I've just fitted the LED bulbs I described in the first post, T6.5 Ultrabright LED's, :D ..... and they are bright in the daylight..... well worth the couple of pounds they cost.

I'm now waiting for another lot of T6.5's and T10's to change the rest of them in the speedo and other idiot lights.

I'm just wondering if I'll need sunglasses at night time now  :lol:   :lol: They are well worth the few pounds they cost.

If your looking for them, the phone number for the company is 0208 0905333 and the site on Ebay is aceparts_uk or ACEparts Performance Lighting (as shown on the site)
\'98 Steamer in BRG.
\'81 HD Wideglide.
\'85 HD Wideglide.
\'74 GT750 \'Kettle\'

rybes

Gav, did you need to put any resistors or such like to get the indicators to flash properly ?
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

GavD

When I put the LED indicators on they flashed at twice normal rate, so I bought one of these & it worked a treat.

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/dual-load-led-flasher-relay-unique-flash-rate-fix--new-specification-for-triumph-t2500531-1961-p.asp
'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

rybes

nice one cheers Gav.  8)

Noddyhd

.. night has become day! I can recomend using the ultra-bright LED's in the idiot lights and clocks. it's well worth the few pounds it costs.  8) shades at the ready... :lol: ...next will be the same on the Landrover...
\'98 Steamer in BRG.
\'81 HD Wideglide.
\'85 HD Wideglide.
\'74 GT750 \'Kettle\'

Sin_Tiger

Steamer, Landrover, now you have my attention  8)

The horrible easily broken lamps they fitted in the Classic Rangie heater panel were a nightmare, I never got more than 3 working at any one time, I think the part number was 4223CRAPP  :roll:

I'll see how these guys perform and then try the Rangie.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Thanks Noddy. Can you save the rest of us the pain and put together a parts list and where they go please? That way if someone searches in future (what am I saying?) they will have all the info they need in one post.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

97steamer

Just popped the LED's in my bike and WOW! Awesome brightness. However an irritating issue has arisen. My left hand indicator light no longer works! Tried reversing the LED, no joy. Changed back to the old bulb and it barely came on and started to glow over a minute or two but very weakly.
Any ideas?

rybes

my guess would be dirty connection or broken wire at the bulb holder

97steamer

Supplementary question - how do I check the polarity of the new LED in the Oil pressure warning light?

rybes

Noddyhd

Hi 97steamer.  :D. Re the oil light, all I did was switch the ignition on with the 'old' bulb still in the holder so the oil light was on, then removed the 'old' bulb and fitted the LED one so that it was on, then switched the ignition off, then on again, started the bike to make sure it went out as it should........ and it did.. :D

As soon as I have a few minuets, I'll detail the full what, where etc for the bulbs so everyone will be able to find them, in the mean time the company details and phone number are at the begining of the thread. cheers
\'98 Steamer in BRG.
\'81 HD Wideglide.
\'85 HD Wideglide.
\'74 GT750 \'Kettle\'