News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hummer Golf Cart

Started by Bixxer Bob, October 09, 2011, 08:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Right guys, my neighbour has a golf cart that looks like a half size Hummer (don't ask, I think his wife picked it to run around the estate on,,, and thats estate as in country, not council  :ImaPoser ).

Anyway, she let her 7yr old drive it; he got it stuck and burnt the motor out. THe maintenance man and I removed the motor and it has no makers marks, operating voltage/current plate or anything else.  Zilch.  Other than a vague idea that it is an import from America or Canada, we can't find out anything about it.  Even our local motor rewinds bloke is sctratching his head.  

Does anyone know anything about these vehicles or can shed any light?  I'm not often stumped but this one's going no-where.  Might even have to try to source another motor methinks.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Nick Calne

Slip your blackbird engine in the cart, see if anyone notices the difference!  8)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

oxnsox

Last looked at a Golf cart motor 10 years back... think it was a 50volt DC motor (but you probably got that far).

But basically the same problem... no information to fix the fault due to poor / no identifiable data on the components..... so we left it how it was, as it was much more fun!!
(Cart went in for a service and came back with speed controller reversed. High speed backwards, slow forwards... lots of laughs)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jwray76

I have been told that good motor shop can re-wind based on existing by checking gauge and counting the windings. A bit tedious but only option when you got something like this.

Bixxer Bob

My thoughts exactly, problem is finding one that can be arsed.

I had a similar problem whilst in the desert in 2001.  We took a translator and a wedge of cash and drove to the nearest town (100 kilometres) then cruised the backstreets till we found a likely looking shed.  We asked the owner if he could fix the motor for us which he said he could.  He made us mint tea and chatted for a couple of hours whilst his man did the work.  The end result was a motor that was rewound, new bearings, brushes and a coat of paint and all for less than £40.  He got a lot of work from us after that  :lol:

Sadly, you can't find anyone in the UK any more that needs the work that badly that they're willing to have a go.  :?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...