News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK Meet 2011 Poll

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 30, 2011, 10:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Well there is always next year....unless anyone fancies an Elefantreffen style winter trip.  :shock:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

theclowncrusty

Sod that, i have two mates that do it every year, Both as mad as a box of frogs. They seem happy every year just to come back alive!!! I have camped and woken up to snow so i can do cold. But not not full "Scot of the Antactic" thank you very much.
Crusty

blacktiger

Just keep your eyes open for a new thread concerning next years gathering.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "theclowncrusty"Sod that, i have two mates that do it every year, Both as mad as a box of frogs....

Chairhead does it every year.  I cracked up at the photo of having to stand the cans of (frozen) beer in hot water so they could drink them :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

Look out aesdj and Bonanza, these guys are threatening to organise another Tiger meet. http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,3711.0.html

aesdj

BlackTiger, it seems like your suggestion about them joining us fell on deaf ears. One lad did say that it should be open to all Tigers and not just the 800 but keep the forum informed of any changes or plans. I'll start a thread in the new year about our meet.

blacktiger

Quote from: "aesdj"BlackTiger, it seems like your suggestion about them joining us fell on deaf ears. One lad did say that it should be open to all Tigers and not just the 800 but keep the forum informed of any changes or plans. I'll start a thread in the new year about our meet.

Yes, it did seem that way but hey, it's not as if this forum had to have the exclusive rights to Tiger meets. We'll have to wait to see what they come up with. It could be a damp squib with no-one wanting to do much.

NeilD

whats your MPG Blacktiger..  :D  :D

blacktiger

Quote from: "NeilD"whats your MPG Blacktiger..  :D  :D

Eh?
Bit off topic old boy.
OK so the 955 Tiger does a constant high 50s and doesn't really matter how it's ridden. Although I find I don't need to rev it above 5K to make good progress.
The 800XC does low 50s when really enjoying myself but can get 10mpg more by reducing the acceleration rate.

NeilD

sorry it was just the mention of the gathering being oprganised by the 800 forum, and I was just pre-empting the talk around the campfire as its a bit of a contentious subject 'over there' !  :D  :D

blacktiger

Seems like this lot are going to the Lake district May 12/13th.
http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,3711.60.html