News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer travelogues?

Started by 97steamer, October 23, 2011, 09:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97steamer

Has anyone come across any travel tales involving a Steamer doing a RTW or Pacific Hwy or the like?

I'm intrigued to see a) if anyone has tested a Stemaer in this way and b) how it went?

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

97steamer

Cheers Nick, what a great read!

JetdocX

I've ridden the northern portion of the PCH several times on mine.  Not that big a deal really.  Pictures over in my Smugmug.
From parts unknown.

Rocinante

Our adventure was absolutely fabulous, and I wouldn´t have traded that year for anything.

As for the bike, it ran flawlessly more or less for the first about 80 Kkm of its life, before things started to break. And that happened half way into the trip, with broken engine mounts twice, intake valves wearing increasingly fast until an overhaul was necessary at the end of the trip, and lots of smaller probs caused by both fate, strange construction and the owner...

But hey, it still runs, maybe even better than ever. That´s not bad after 150Kkm, if you ask me.
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

fishnbiker

Not much talking, but lots lots photos, British Columbia & Mexico.

Photos at fishnbiker.smugmug.com
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Milton

Haven't been here for a while. Here is a RR for a trip I took several years ago on a 98 to Seattle, B.C. and home to Denver.

http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=
1992 BMW K100RS 4V 49K Broken but not dead. She shall arise from the ashes!

1998 Triumph Tiger. This bike rocks!