News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Electrical query

Started by 97steamer, October 30, 2011, 08:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97steamer

Hi guys, I had the front cowl of the Steamer today and discovered a multi-connector block with nothing connected to it. It's sitting tucked in front of the instruments tie wrapped in place. I'm wondering if one of the wires might be a switched live that I can use to power my heated grips (currently wired direct to battery). Does anyone know which wire I should hook into or do I just poke around with my little probe with a lamp in it?

Thanks in advance

Mustang

is it white ? there is a plug under the cowl that is for the factory heated grips it has two wires going to it ,  it is hot when the key is on just like you want .

CoolHandLuke

The only unused block that I know of, behind the cockpit, is for connecting a diagnostic tool, but then, my Steamer is from 1993.  The newer ones may have had more fancy things like optional heated grips :)

How many connectors and what shape?

97steamer

I'll take a pic at the weekend and post up!