News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

End of the season for me

Started by Tigertriple, October 31, 2011, 10:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

Well that's it for another year :cry:  :cry: I have put my Girly away for the Winter. Spent several hours cleaning and preparing her for the hibernation. Lots of ACF50 and elbow grease  :lol:

She is Now tucked up in the garage under a cover and on an optimate charger. My days of Winter biking are long gone as years of  biking in all weathers has taken its toll on my joints.

Over the Winter I'm planning to upgrade the rear shock and fit engine bars funds permitting. No doubt there will be other bits a pieces to be done as well.

Looking forward to next Spring as I'm  planning some road trips for next year. Thinking of going up to Applecross and down to the Lake District in the late Spring.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Sin_Tiger

So you decided to keep her after all  8)  good man
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

When it comes to changing your mind I always think of this  :D

Tigertriple

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"So you decided to keep her after all  8)  good man

Hi ST,

Yes I am keeping it for the time being. I just felt there was no point in giving it away for stupid money. The only bikes that are selling just now are that ones that are cheap and below book value.

Maybe get a chance to meet up with you next year for a run when you're back in Scotland.  :D

Bixxer Bob

On the subject of trade-ins, a friend took his 650 Bandit into the local Triumph dealer last week; they told him no dealers are touching second hand Suzukis because they killed the used market with their new bike prices.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"On the subject of trade-ins, a friend took his 650 Bandit into the local Triumph dealer last week; they told him no dealers are touching second hand Suzukis because they killed the used market with their new bike prices.

What he means,Suzuki have chopped off that many dealers there's no one to unload a secondhand Suzuki off onto,because the days of selling secondhand P/X's in your shop are long gone.

cosmo

Poofter.

I'm looking forward to "Toys for Tots" on the first Sunday in December. Been going off and on since 1984. Have driven my cage to work (17 miles) twice this fall, both times to pick up pallets.

Got my bike near-perfectly winterised, just needing a larger windscreen and new tyres (ordered). Could use a heated seat, but, for now, Mexican for dinner will do the trick.

I celebrate 49 years next April.

Cosmo :)  :)
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "cosmo"Poofter :)

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

:shock:

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

made me nite that did  :lol:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Tigertriple

Quote from: "cosmo"Poofter.

I'm looking forward to "Toys for Tots" on the first Sunday in December. Been going off and on since 1984. Have driven my cage to work (17 miles) twice this fall, both times to pick up pallets.

Got my bike near-perfectly winterised, just needing a larger windscreen and new tyres (ordered). Could use a heated seat, but, for now, Mexican for dinner will do the trick.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  well done Cosmo for being the first to remind me that I've gone soft. I'm surprised that no one else has joined in yet.

Have a good Winter season and stay safe I'll be thinking about you while I'm sitting on my heated seat in my cage toasting my buns

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "cosmo"Poofter.

Bah youngsters these days (49)  you have no idea what roadsalt does to your running gear when you wear a kilt  :wink:

Anyway, what's with the double standards, heated seat indeed, might as well get a BMW   :roll:

Yup, let's make apoint of a Tartan Tigers meet in the spring, will be back for the TT and I've always been curious about KK's avatar.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

I'm slightly scared of KK's avatar... :shock:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Tigertriple

Yup, let's make apoint of a Tartan Tigers meet in the spring, will be back for the TT and I've always been curious about KK's avatar.[/quote]

Sounds like a plan. I'll be disappointed if KK does not look like his avatar  :lol:  :lol:

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Sin"Yup, let's make apoint of a Tartan Tigers meet in the spring, will be back for the TT and I've always been curious about KK's avatar.

Quote from: "Tigertriple"Sounds like a plan. I'll be disappointed if KK does not look like his avatar  :lol:  :lol:

:lol: i just got more facial hair at the mo  :wink: well it is comin into winter  :roll:

:lol:

KK

ps had a nice run up to Loch Tay today !!
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

ArcticTiger

My Tigers are parked for the season. I do not want to use them in the road-dirt caused by the cages using studded winter tires and lots of roadsalt :shock:
But as we have had not much frost yet, I still ride. With my wifes -96 Honda CB500.
Here are some pics from a ride I made last week:

-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Mustang

I see how that works ..............trash the wifes bike  :ImaPoser