News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Big service. Thanks for all the info

Started by matts23, November 06, 2011, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matts23

Wanted to officially thank everyone for all the information provided within this forum.  Last April, I bought a 2002 Roulette green Tiger with only 5900 miles.  I got about 12,500 on it now.  I did all my research and started the service that was needed.  In the last week I have pulled the forks apart and cleaned, put Wirth progressive springs, and refilled with 15w oil back to the factory level.  Replaced all three sets of brakes with EBC organics.  Replaced spark plugs and balanced the throttle bodies with my new Carbtune.  The throttle bodies were really close, but while you are in there might as well adjust them up perfect.  New air filter and a coolant flush and refill and a new factory Triumph radiator cap.  Clutch cable was fraying, so put a new one of those on while it was all apart.  Put an ADV Monster waterproof digital voltmeter on to keep track of the charging system.  I was able to do all of the this in the last two Saturdays because of the info on here, not to mention the things that have been done over the last year (Mustang pegs, thunderbike crash bars, JC Whitney trunk,relay controlled fuse block, Rox anti-vibe bar risers).  Now if I can just find a deal on a set of factory heated grips, I think it will be about everything that I want.  Thanks, Matt
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

cosmo

I have Hot Grips and love them. Loads cheaper than factory.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

ADVRiderinVA

Cosmo-  Did you go with the Hot Grips 525-875 Open Ends?  I'm looking to upgrade also and don't see the advantage of going factory.  I had Hot Grips on a V-Strom and was very pleased with their performance.
11 Tiger 800XC - Love It!!!!
04 955i Tiger (Sold)
07 DL1000 (Sold)

benebob

ADV,
I just replaced the hotgrips on my 885i and they were 475-876 (which is for the open end version).  The originals had the wires showing when I got it.  PITA to remove with the epoxy but I used a chisel on the old.
99 Tiger 885i (Killed 12/23/12 9:52am EST by a drunk driver) 06 Tiger 955i (traded 12/23/16  12:52pm)
13 Tiger 800