News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer fork gators?

Started by theclowncrusty, October 25, 2011, 08:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theclowncrusty

Hi, can anyone post a link to the front fork gators for a Steamer? I have priced them up from Triumph......(end of conversation went.... "I will get back to you on those then", puts the phone down and says "HOW MUCH??")

I have the forks with the drain holes in them if that helps identifying the type?

Also where can i get the "rub block" from as shown at the end of Mustangs "how to change a chain rub strip"? As i took all the back end out of mine the weekend to grease the shock pivots. I have a jagged bit of metal sticking out of the frame that looks like it is all that is left of a bracket and no rub block... :(

Feckin bike!! Do one job and find three others.... Still love it though.
Crusty

Mustang

bike bandit or any triumph dealer can get the rub block  they are around 20 US dollars .

theclowncrusty

I got a rub block from my local dealer with all the parts that went with it on the microficsh, rub blok, spacer/shim?, nut and bolt. All fine till i offered it all up to the bike, i can see where it should fit onto the bike. it seems to push the chain upwards into the bottom of the moulding of the swinging arm protector (if that makes sense?)
But there is nothing there to bolt it to, as i said in the first post all i have is a jagged bit if metal that looks like it is all that is left of a bracket?
I am going to take the footpeg hanger off over the weekend to get a better look but not sure what is missing yet? Is the mounting peg part of the frame?(if so i can fabricate a new one and weld it on). Or part of the engine casing? If so am i fecked????
I can see why these bikes are a love-hate thing. LOL It is my second bike so i can fettle with it to get it right but still get to work on the more modern, lighter, more fuel efficient Tenere. But i find that is all i use that for now, work and back. If i go out with my mates at the weekend the Tigger is the tool of choice, they did take the piss first time i showed up on it..... now they just try to keep up!

Crusty

rf9rider

Its a bracket welded to the frame.
I had a similar problem on my first Steamer, i made a bracket and bolted it on.
I`ll try to find my old post.

rf9rider

rf9rider

I have another bracket in the garage somewhere, i made 2 up when i did mine, i`ll have a look later and let you know if thats any help?

theclowncrusty

Thanks that is exactly what i need, (love this forum!!) Going to work in a bit but will get straight onto this after. Just got to sort out my Trophy wheel conversion over the Winter then, then 3 into i single sided exhaust then......... LOL
Crusty

rf9rider

Might be able to help out with a 3-1 too  :lol:

theclowncrusty

PeteH

Quote from: "theclowncrusty"I have priced them up from Triumph......(end of conversation went.... "I will get back to you on those then", puts the phone down and says "HOW MUCH??")

Bite the bullet and get OE Triumph ones, in my limited experience with fork gaitors anything else wont last the distance :(
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour