News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hinkley Whore / Triumph Kleptomaniac

Started by Sin_Tiger, November 09, 2011, 01:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

I have to confess, I'm bound to get found out, probably soon as the wife is arriving tomorrow  :roll:

Last year I walked into the local dealer, not something I do often since I don't have a lot of respect for them, and saw a nice little Street Triple, foolishness got the better of me and I ended up buying it. I am normally very mild mannered and quetly spoken but I.soon found out there is a real hooligan lurking in there too  :twisted:

It's a fantastic bike, commutes, plays and took me all the way to Phuket in Thailand over a long weekend, scorching heat and monsoon downpours, night and day in relative comfort complete with luggage and stayed with all the bigger bikes with ease yet still allowed me to work my way through the crazy traffic, 4000 kms didn't miss a beat.

It gets worse, I saw an add for a year old Thruxton and made a bit of a cheeky offer to the very nice Welsh owner who had just bought a Diavel  :icon_scratch  Totally unexpectedly he accepted after a few days and I became it's second owner. It's a great bike also, fun but not one for shrinking violets to own, gets lots of attention whever it goes, it's like riding around on a big friendly golden retriever if you know what I mean. Bus drivers hang out their cabs to compliment it, cars pull to one at lights so you can get to the front and get a better look. My mad Greek friend had it up to 190 kph while I followed on his Busa but it's better at more 'sociable' speeds. I love the Cafe Racer style as I have done since my teens and enjoy just taking her out for a blast.

Now the Steamer is just about sorted I will have my distance capabilities and I planned to sell the Stripple and play with the Thruxton farkles but it's a really agonising choice, each time I get on either of them I think "no I'll sell the other one" it's driving me nuts   :cry:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Nick Calne

Sin

Selling is never the answer.

A bigger garage probably is.

8)
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ArcticTiger

You dont sell your best friends, do you :?:
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Chris Canning

Looks like you need to do a little work and have e'm all in the same place  :D

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Looks like you need to do a little work and have e'm all in the same place  :D

If I had a garage I probably would, one is in the workshop, one is in the office car park and the other is tucked up in my condo car park 24 floors below, just in case I wake up early  :wink:

I'd happily sell all my faceache 'friends' to get another Triumph, you lot here are definately too valuable  :notworthy
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ArcticTiger

Condo in 24th floor, that makes it hard to store one in the living room :roll: . Probably will not fit in the elevator to get it there?
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

John Stenhouse

Quote from: "ArcticTiger"Condo in 24th floor, that makes it hard to store one in the living room :roll: . Probably will not fit in the elevator to get it there?

Don't be a wuss, ride it up the stairs  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

BigDan

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"
Quote from: "ArcticTiger"Condo in 24th floor, that makes it hard to store one in the living room :roll: . Probably will not fit in the elevator to get it there?

You'll need the new KTM Freeride E for that... phwoar, did you see it on MCN? love it.
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

Bixxer Bob

I saw it, just what I need for popping down to the shops :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

Don't think for a minute that I hadn't considered that, even measured the lift up. I could just imagine the look on the security gaurds face as he opened the door to answer an 'overload' alarm  :shock:

aeronca

hey, send the thruxton to seattle and i'll hold it for you :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

oxnsox

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger".....(edit).....I planned to sell the Stripple and play with the Thruxton farkles but it's a really agonising choice, each time I get on either of them I think "no I'll sell the other one" it's driving me nuts   :cry:
I know exactly what you mean.
Hop on the Versys....it's light and agile and I feel I'm on a sports bike and can't understand why I have other bikes....
Hop on the Girly and I know before I get to the corner that she's special
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sin_Tiger

Managed to finally get out the office late on Friday and went for a spin with a mate, he was on the Steamer with his lass while I was hooning on the Thruxton chasing a Fazer 800  :roll: he was deffinately struggling :lol:

Stopped for coffee and he says, glad I decided not to chase you as I think the back brake has just gone.

He wasn't wrong  :shock:  so it was out with the mobile and relax with a coffee while we waited on the tow truck.

She even looks cracking perched on the back of a tow truck.

02:30 in the morning we dropped the old girl off at the workshop and finally for the first time I had all three at the same place at the same time. :D

aeronca

hey sin - whats those numbers across the front of ye ol' steamer?
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Mustang

Quote from: "aeronca"hey sin - whats those numbers across the front of ye ol' steamer?
Singapore registration # :wink: