News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Shock Replacement

Started by Cos, November 21, 2011, 07:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

It's getting to that time.

Sooo...what to get?

Chris Canning

Alot depends on how much you know about suspension and how far you want to stick your neck out,plenty of suspension outlets/manafacturers,but the mistake folks make is comparing price when in actual fact the spec isn't the same,but if you want a painless transition!! Wilbers,for some lucky sole who has a later tiger talk to Timbox,he has an all singing all dancing one forsale.

Cos

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Alot depends on how much you know about suspension and how far you want to stick your neck out,plenty of suspension outlets/manafacturers,but the mistake folks make is comparing price when in actual fact the spec isn't the same,but if you want a painless transition!! Wilbers,for some lucky sole who has a later tiger talk to Timbox,he has an all singing all dancing one forsale.

I did remember about Timbox's Wilbers and i sent him a pm last night. I don't know if the shock is still available but i expect he'll let me know one way or another assuming he still frequents the board. Mine's an 05 cast wheel jobby so his should fit...pending availability.

I'm by no means a suspension expert. I do know that my stock shock is getting softer after 5 years of being cranked to 5 and two up riding. Wilbers, Hyperpro, heard good things. Hagon...after seeing the failures i wouldn't touch 'em with a 10 foot pole. That's why i'm interested in other opinions.

Chris Canning

I'll contact Tim and let him know you are asking.

Cos

Timbox2

OK Guys, Im aware,  youve both had PM's
2016 Tiger Sport

Cos

Quote from: "Timbox2"OK Guys, Im aware,  youve both had PM's

Thanks, pm'd you back :)

eLo

I've got a three-way adjustable WP-unit fitted to my bike. The spring pre-load is remote via an adjustmentwheel attached to the left side passenger footpeg bar, the rebound on the bottom end of the unit and the compression on top (making the comp. adjustment a bit tricky). The unit has covered some 65000kms and is still doing its work at an acceptable level. I know that the WPs can be hard to come by, but it's well worth a try.

Chris Canning

I have an Ohlins,I could write War and Piece on it,just by the fact Ohlins only made them for the Tiger for 18 months and stopped,when I inquire about parts or springs doesn't even show up on the computer,but after some perseverance all sorts of things have come to light.

But the easy route is a Wilbers and Tim's in particular as it has all the bells and whistles on,and if it fitted mine it would never have seen the light of day on here.

Cos

Quote from: "Chris Canning"I have an Ohlins,I could write War and Piece on it,just by the fact Ohlins only made them for the Tiger for 18 months and stopped,when I inquire about parts or springs doesn't even show up on the computer,but after some perseverance all sorts of things have come to light.

But the easy route is a Wilbers and Tim's in particular as it has all the bells and whistles on,and if it fitted mine it would never have seen the light of day on here.

Point very well taken.

Tim and i are talking and i hope that we'll get this done.

Sasquatch

I sell quite a few Hyperpro custom shocks for Tigers and have one on my own.  Like it quite a bit.  Prices start at $619

Cos

Quote from: "Sasquatch"I sell quite a few Hyperpro custom shocks for Tigers and have one on my own.  Like it quite a bit.  Prices start at $619

If i were still in the States, it wouldn't even be an issue. You'd have heard from me already. As things stand, if i order from the States i have to pay shipping to Cyprus (ouch) and i'd have to pay VAT (bastards) because the item arrived from outside the EU.

However, i was planning on contacting you about the forks. What would you recommend? And i'd get it from you, just a bit later on when i'm actually visiting the States. Valves and emulators and stuff are smaller and easier to carry.

Cos

After the pertinent spousal budget review and approval, Tim's Wilbers is spoken for.

Really nice guy to deal with too.

Thanks for the patience Tim.

Ironhorse

Anyone else have a aftermarket shock in good shape?

Joe

Seavoyage

2000 Triumph Tiger
1999 Laverda Ghost
1990 Suzuki DR250
1973 Honda SL125K