News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Alarm Battery question..

Started by Reubs, November 27, 2011, 06:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reubs

Chairhead...
The bike was running fine with a blown fuse in the line, and was like it when I bought the bike...the PO didnt mention anything about it and I must admit I didnt ask!

I can only assume that when the fuse blew the internal alarm battery just used up all its power and died...(till the day I put a new fuse in!)
which is why I wondered how long it would take the alarm's battery to die..OR if I could remove it.
And Yes the bike is running...when there is enough power in the battery to start it!
Its looking like a new battery at the moment..best part of £50....

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Reubs"Its looking like a new battery at the moment..best part of £50....

Hey Reubs !! check this out.............

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-YUASA ... 4aa1f49c88

best check the No's tho  :roll: as that was off the top of me head  :lol:

KK

ps i just checked how much my battery was and it was dearer than that  :roll:  :oops:
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Reubs

Thanks KK for the link...

I pulled the fuse and an still waiting for its internal battery to die...the alarm is smothered in overalls and coats and so the alarm shouts very quietly to itself!....
I havent found a wiring diagram on the www for the S4 so I can take it out myself so am going to wait and will see if the alarms battery dies in a couple of days....If the bike is immobilised its gonna bhave to be a visit to the nearest Datatool fitter...

Then a new battery for its crimbo pressie....and a sheepskin seat cover if its lucky!
Thanks for the advice chaps...

Reubs

Well after a week of the alarm swathed in rags and the thing being constantly set off. I thought it had died....
But alas it hasnt and although yesterday it didnt go off at all and the bike started like a good un...today all that happened was when I turned on the ignition the bloody thing went off....so it lives!...

Anyway next is to take out the black box with the connectors in, seperate them and make good the circuits, well thats the plan anyway. I did find an install manual for it on the net too so will be digesting that before I set to work on the wiring......

iansoady

You do know that if you take the top off you could just snip the wire to the sounder........
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Bixxer Bob

if its like the one I did for a friend it's cast in resin and non- accessible
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Reubs

Yep BB....so its gonna come out!!

iansoady

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"if its like the one I did for a friend it's cast in resin and non- accessible

The top on mine is held on with "security" screws. Complete waste of time given you can get the keys anywhere for a couple of quid.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650