News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Alarm Battery question..

Started by Reubs, November 27, 2011, 06:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reubs

Since inadvertantly re powering my alarm, it is now starting to 'irritate' me somewhat!...My battery is not the strongest and I have the feeling it is going to need replacement.
If I pull the fuse the alarm goes off..SO..what I want to know is how long does it take for the battery to run down in the alarm?....
OR can I remove the battery or is it a sealed unit ...Datatool System S4

I am sure I have seen the time somewhere on here but cant find it now!

chairhead

You can remove the internal battery,

you will need if i remember correctly a tiny security torx bit to do it

though.
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

Reubs

Thanks Chairhead...much appreciated..I will have a look in the morning.

Timbox2

My alarm ended up in a bucket after being hit with a big hammer, f.... things, get rid of the b......d before it strands you, If its the OE factory alarm its quite easy.
2016 Tiger Sport

Reubs

TimBox...it wasnt working when I got the bike...till I replaced a blown fuse.....I should have left well alone, but curiousity got the better of me!..
If I pull the fuse now the bloody thing goes mad!..hence wanting to put it back to the way it was when I got it......

Timbox2

Quote from: "Reubs"TimBox...it wasnt working when I got the bike...till I replaced a blown fuse.....I should have left well alone, but curiousity got the better of me!..
If I pull the fuse now the bloody thing goes mad!..hence wanting to put it back to the way it was when I got it......

Ah, Ok, so is it not a factory alarm?
2016 Tiger Sport

Reubs

TimBox...I cant honestly tell you if it was a factory OE fitted alarm....the alarm wasnt working when I bought it,and I just accepted it,and wasnt too much bothered.Its only when I put a new fuse in the thing came alive!..and is now getting on my nerves a tad!
.It has loads of black wires into the unit and loads of black ones out!...and is a very neat install.
Anyway I was going to have a look at the unit and see if I can remove the battery today but other more important things have occurred!
Its gonna have to wait till the weekend now!

chairhead

The factory fitted alarm is a plug in device under the small plastic piece

below the rack,

the Datatool Sc4 is a hardwire fit only if i remember correctly,and could

be put anywhere on the bike

what are you trying to do exactly?
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

NKL

If its just the battery your worried about buy a battery charger/tender.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "NKL"If its just the battery your worried about buy a battery charger/tender.
To recap, and this just what I think is going on, the PO removed the alarm fuse which silenced it once the alarm internal battery ran down. The new owner replaced the fuse which activated the alarm and charged the internal battery.  He now wants to disable tha alarm by removing the internal battery.  If so, the easiest soiution (if its a factory plug in alarm) is search for my post on removing the alarm which has additional input from Tim.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NKL

I read it as he is worried about the alarm running his bike battery down, I may be wrong.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Reubs"If I pull the fuse the alarm goes off..SO..what I want to know is how long does it take for the battery to run down in the alarm?....
OR can I remove the battery or is it a sealed unit ..
i was going on this but from his first sentence I see where you are coming from.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Reubs

Many thanks for your replies it is much appreciated.
I seem to have made myself  misunderstood, and apologise for that, and not replying sooner.

SO...to recap:..The alarm was installed on the bike when I got her and was not working.which was nice  :D
It must be an addition as it is not plugged into a socket it is hard wired into the bikes loom.

I found a blown fuse and replaced it...... :(   and it powered up the alarm!

I have put up with the bloody thing going off for no apparent reason,and draining my battery, BUT now want it back to the state it was in when I got the bike.
I did contact Datatool and they wern't interested, they just wanted me to go to a dealer...

IF I remove the inline fuse the alarm goes off.

Questions...
How long does the alarm internal battery last if i just leave the fuse out and the alarm going off on its own? ( I will smother the alarm with loads of rags first to deaden the sound!)

Can I remove the internal battery from the alarm system?...as long as the alarm is switched off when I remove it (assuming I can)..will the immobiliser be activated?..Thanks to Timbox for the answer to that one.

I really have learned NOT to put a new fuse into a fuse holder BEFORE looking to see where the line goes to!....and it looks like I am going to have to get a new battery as it wont charge up to a level where it will start the engine......

chairhead

Reubs,

was the bike running without the fuse in when you picked it up from the

PO

is the bike running now?

the reason i ask is if the inline fuse is removed from the alarm the alarm

will ativate,the same will happen if your bikes battery is Fubar(how old is

the bike battery),this might

explain the alarm going off for no apparent reason,the alarm detects the

drop in voltage as an attack and immobilises the bike.
TOR can
Taylormade Billet wheel

Sin_Tiger

Buy a C=Tek 800 they are the best chargers I have ever owned, I have bought both good and crap over the years, they have recovered batteries I would previously have condemned to scrap.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint