News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch master cylinder rebuild and brake/clutch lines

Started by 97tiger885, November 25, 2011, 05:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97tiger885

I am getting some weeping from the master clutch cylinder.  Looking at the BikeBandit schematics, all I see is a piston set for US$55.  Is there a reason why this is sold as a kit?  Is it better to replace all of it or can you replace just the seals?  And how many seals and what kinds are there for the piston? Are there both rubber and metal seals?  I can't tell from the diagram.  And would these seals be readily available from another source?  

I should change the brake and clutch lines.  Any recommendations for what type and where to purchase?  Any advice for swapping lines?  I have bled both front and rear brakes, so no surprises there.  What about bleeding the clutch?  I haven't done that yet...same as bleeding the brakes?

JetdocX

Clutch bleeding is identical to brakes.

I called Cyclebrakes and had them custom make me Galfer braided stainless brake hoses.  It made me feel better, but definitely lightened my wallet a bit.  YMMV.
From parts unknown.