News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New owner!

Started by TigerTastic, December 03, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTastic

Hi all

Just a quick one to say hello!

I bought myself a Steamer this week and I'm picking it up on Monday. I've trawled through lots of good stuff on here already, there's some great advice and it all helps! The Steamer will sit alongside my ZZR1400 (sorry but I couldn't part with it!) when I pick it up on Monday. There probably aren't two bikes around that are further apart in terms of riding experience. I'm intending to use the Tiger for a bit of two up touring in the UK when the weather gets better - the other half doesn't like the pillion on the ZZR and I don't like sharing it anyway! Plus the Tiger comes with Givi box and panniers so at least I might get more than a toothbrush and clean boxers in whatever space I'm allowed. I'll probably trundle around on the Tiger at the weekends in the winter too if the weather's not too bad. I use the ZZR to get into Europe in the summer with a couple of mates and although the Tiger won't get to go too far it might get across the channel too if it's up to it - the bike I mean, not her....... or do I.... ahem ;)

I'll post a pic when I have it.

If anyone else on here has one and lives near me (Northampton-ish) I'd be happy to get to know you - you may not say the same!

Phil

PS I have my first question already - mine doesn't come with hand guards and ebay doesn't have any originals so can anyone who has something aftermarket suggest or recommend some? I checked out Barkbusters but they don't list any for the 885 carb model.

:D
Steamer in Black, totally standard.
ZZR1400 in Black, remapped at Hilltop.

rf9rider

Hello Phil, welcome.
Few of us in Cambs, i`m probably closest in Peterborough.
Not sure about the handguards, someone will be along and answer.

TigerTastic

Hey RF thanks for the welcome.

I'm only 25 miles from Peterborough, just over the A14 on the A605, so not far at all.

Looks like you know your way around the Tigers judging by your current project!

rf9rider

No expert, i`m still learning, there are far more knowledgeable people on here than me!

You can get the original guards from Triumph, £11.68 each.

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_m ... k_03=23773

On reading through some of the old posts on here ( search "handguards" in Steamer forum), you can get aftermarket stuff, but some need bar raisers or they catch the fairing on full lock.

Sin_Tiger

Welcome Phil, the Steamer will surprise you and I'll bet you end up riding it more than you expect to.

Still going through my bar and guards selection experiments myself.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

TigerTastic

Hey Sin, nice to meet you.

I'm really looking forward to riding it home on Monday. I expect them to be totally different rides and I have a feeling the Tiger will be wheeled out more regularly then the ZZR too. I had the ZZR remapped so it's very fast without any effort (a little too easily) whereas I suspect the Tiger will be a hoot but at lower speeds - that's my theory anyway!

TigerTastic

Thanks for the heads up on the World of Triumph site RF - I hadn't managed to find that previously despite wearing Google out with searches for other stuff Steamer related.

8)

rf9rider

No problem, i use them for all my Triumph stuff i buy, usually delivered within 2-3 days, no problems with them as yet.