News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Euro

Started by Spud, December 04, 2011, 01:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

A week to save the Euro, should it go or should it stay cheers Spud  :wink:

oxnsox

It should be a keeper, but getting rid of the clowns that let this sort of thing happen is probably harder.....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris Canning

It was was and is a bad idea,but it's too late to turn back.

Bixxer Bob

i kindof miss shopping with 5 different currencies in my wallet when serving at the German / Dutch border before the (Berlin) wall came down :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

NKL

I never could see how it was going to work with such a diverse array of economies and certainly couldn't see how it would work for countries that rely on tourism.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

harre

They must abandon the Euro or form the European United Nations, that will be the end of democracy as we know it.

Nick Calne

Europe and the Euro are never going work until some of the Med countries and France take the reality pill and do the political / economic work they should have done years ago.

Don't expect a happy outcome...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

zombie2

Me mate in Dublin owes me for some bike parts, hoping to get paid before his money is useless
 :lol:
The germans are taking over again for a super state to be run by their beauracrats , oooh more type approval anyone.
Glad I bailed and moved stateside.

rainycoastguy

Never got over the change from pounds shillings pence, me.

Chris Canning

Quote from: "zombie2"Me mate in Dublin owes me for some bike parts, hoping to get paid before his money is useless
 :lol:
The germans are taking over again for a super state to be run by their beauracrats , oooh more type approval anyone.
Glad I bailed and moved stateside.

How perceptive!!! they've always had a inkling to rule Europe two attempts with the gun failed so this is another angle.

John Stenhouse

You lot are all daft. I was for joining the Euro when it started, I will give you just two reasons.

One, you don't get shafted by the bank for changing your cash for a holiday, it's all the same, spends just the same.

Two, all this bullshit about this raw material or item being bought in Euros means we can't have it at that price because it cost to convert it to pounds.

Yes I know it's a simplistic way of looking at things but hey I'm a simple guy, what winds me up is the way you get ripped of for having a pound in your pocket
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

PeteH

Quote from: "zombie2"The germans are taking over again for a super state to be run by their beauracrats , oooh more type approval anyone.

Hmm, looks like France has capitulated(again) even before an invasions mentioned :wink:
We realy should have taken notice of De Gaule(? spell)he didnt want us in, probably looking after our best interests?
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

oxnsox

You Pound types should really have been part of the Euro...

Seriously.   With the stance your PM has taken now you're more out in the cold, and with only you own currency to stand on. And I think if you look deep enough you'll find your pockets aren't as greatly deep as you may think.

But the German Angel won't let you sink, they owe you that at least.....
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zombie2

Quote from: "oxnsox"But the German Angel won't let you sink, they owe you that at least.....

Can't see my english mates praying for a german angel unless it's to stick her on the top of the xmas tree and see how far she can sit on it. :lol:

Seriously tho , the germans for a lot of years in the EC have been trying to get other members to follow their stringent laws because they are convinced their right.
Now where did I hear that before.
How about they get lost lost and leave the lads to fish and chips and beer and  bike rallies and stick their ridiculous regulations up their collective tuetonic arses

Nick Calne

Quote from: "zombie2"How about they get lost lost and leave the lads to fish and chips and beer and  bike rallies and stick their ridiculous regulations up their collective tuetonic arses

Well said sir. :thumbsup
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?