News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recommend me a petrol sealant

Started by BruKen, December 05, 2011, 11:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

Hi

Not for the steamer but I'm hoping someone may be able to help as I've failed in repairs 4 times now. I am looking for a semi hardenning petrol gasket / flange sealant. (Modern fuel eats through the various loctite and hylomar sealants I have tried)

For those that are curious its for a guel guage sender flange that has slightly warped when the PO used a replacement bolt that was too long.

(Mods: If I've commited a sin by posting this here please delete)

JetdocX

We use two part polysulfide based sealants to seal integral fuel tanks, ie: wings.

Go visit your friendly neighborhood AME and ask if he has any expired sealant he'd give you since he can't use it on planes anymore.

Warning, this stuff is extremely nasty and will stick to everything.  Clean up is with Methyl Ethyl Keytone.
From parts unknown.

Bixxer Bob

MEK  :?

Haven't come acrosssthat stuff in a long time, along with Trike ..... :roll: What happened to the good ol' days eh? Days when you could happily dissolve your lung if you weren't careful  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...