News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Broke Chain Guard on 955i - Suggestions?

Started by ADVRiderinVA, December 17, 2011, 05:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADVRiderinVA

My chain guard got broke recently.  I've been searching for alternative.  I found a couple on eBay - but WOW they want a pretty penny for them.  I'm looking for alternatives...........

Any suggestions appreciated.
11 Tiger 800XC - Love It!!!!
04 955i Tiger (Sold)
07 DL1000 (Sold)

Chris Canning

John Stenhouse

If your like me and tight, then get a drill and make two holes one on either side of the break, then a tie wrap will hold it together.

Worked all the way back from Alaska!

Better solution is the one from Chris, hugger from NWS
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

rf9rider

Touratech do a nice one.

Chris Canning

Just buy another stock chain guard,there must be dozens left in lofts by folks who have bought aftermarket.

ADVRiderinVA

Thanks for the advice - But I'm too dang CHEAP to come off of $50 - $75.  I ended up taking some 20 Ga. spring steel and riveted the two pieces back together.  I then used my bench vice and flattened the smaller end of the rivet.  A little flat black paint and up-n-running.
11 Tiger 800XC - Love It!!!!
04 955i Tiger (Sold)
07 DL1000 (Sold)

cbxtc6

I left mine off after it fell off a few years' back  Haven't missed it a bit.

Mustang

Quote from: "cbxtc6"I left mine off after it fell off a few years' back  Haven't missed it a bit.
in NH you need one or you don't pass inspection , no sticker = $$$$$$ fine $$$$$ if you get caught riding without sticker , so it's kinda necessary here and probably many other states too .

Chris Canning

In the days before I used Drylube crap off the chain got everywhere as it was, god knows what it must be like without one.

Yankee Dog

Quote from: "ADVRiderinVA"Thanks for the advice - But I'm too dang CHEAP to come off of $50 - $75.  I ended up taking some 20 Ga. spring steel and riveted the two pieces back together.  I then used my bench vice and flattened the smaller end of the rivet.  A little flat black paint and up-n-running.

this is what I did when my Trophy 1200 had the same problem. Worked just fine.  

With the Tiger I am just running without. Does make a bit of a mess, I will admit.

brad1098

Have ran without mine for years.  Never missed it.
02 black-Lorna

Timbox2

MOT Failure in the Uk without one, though I was let off once with an old GpZ1100 that didnt have one, Tester said " You have got the chain guard somewhere havent you"?, OK then.
2016 Tiger Sport