News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Top Box Options

Started by fnjeep314, January 10, 2012, 05:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fnjeep314

My bike didnt come with any OE luggage, so I am looking to fill spaces. I already have Happy Traills Teton 45L panniers, but I dont want to have to run around with those on all the time. I have gone back to look at HT for a top box. I havent been able to a used OE top box, and I am just not a fan of the Givi boxes. They just look too ricey to me.  Is there another option that I am missing?

Also what are most people running for a mounting bracket to hold your top box?

Thanks in advance!!
I do things!

jwray76

JC Whitney box is what a lot of guys are running.

D-Fuzz

Quote from: "jwray76"JC Whitney box is what a lot of guys are running.

That's what I have. Good box for the money, comes in 2 sizes.

Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

KuzzinKenny

I've got one O these and like it.......

http://www.coocase.com/

S48 Astra basic  :D

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

JTT

Quote from: "D-Fuzz"

Off topic for a moment....what are those tires?

I run a Shad topcase on mine.  Great box, I've had it for several years now.  Ran it on my KLR, then just bought another plate and mounted it on the Tiger, so I can swap back and forth.  Top cases are butt ugly, but incredibly practical.  I rarely ride without mine.
2003 955i Tiger
2005 KLR
1970 T100C

D-Fuzz

They are Kenda Big Blocks.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Yukon

Here is a thread with a couple pictures of both the large and small JC Whitney Top Cases.

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

atokad

My choice

Lockable

Not sure I can recommend if you do not have a backrest, although I am sure I could find a decent way to attach it to the rear luggage rack.

Plenty of room to stuff items in

Tie the back end down with these by looping through the luggage rack and then doubling back up and pulling the big plastic bulb through itself

Came with a nice rain cover

Handle attaches for when you take it off

Lock to bike for that possible "quick run-off".  Certainly will not stop someone that really wants it though

Came with these other attachment straps to tie down to other bags in the product line from the same company for "stacking"

Like this - although this is not a bag from the same manufacturer, but it does work

topher0268

Just out of curiosity will the large version hold two full faced helmets?
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

TigerTrax

The GIVI 45 L looks very good on the Tiger. Nothing fancy... kind of a square look. I had an OEM and sold it.... liked the GIVI 45 much better.

Holds plenty.. no leaky.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Chris Canning

You can make a good case for either option,I use a 50lt Givi on the Tiger but a tote bag on the others,both can be taken off quickley and you can strap extra on top of either,I guess the only down side of a bag is the fact I wouldn't be happy leaving 2 helmets in one on a bike,having said that it's false security as you open a topbox in a millisecond with a screw driver :(