News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Doh!

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 13, 2012, 11:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

A real beginners mistake this one, I can't  believe with nearly 40yrs engineering experience I actually did this.

I was doing valve clearances, which most you will know for Girlies is .10-.15mm inlet and .15-.2mm exaust. So I basically needed the 10, 15, and 20 feeler gauges.  After the first one being tight, I thought I'm going to ned a shim tool.  After three needing doing I'm thinking WTF!!

Then it dawned, feeler gauge was in thoudands of an inch :BangHead

Dug out themetric ones andall is well, they all are exactly the same as the last time. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Could be worse!!! I had a custom pair of made to measure leather trousers to come today and they don't fit :oops:  :twisted:  :oops: ,and it's a 240 mile(crap journey) round trip to sort e'm,bugger

Nick Calne

senior moments....

Here, have a werthers original...  :lol:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Timbox2

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Dug out themetric ones andall is well, they all are exactly the same as the last time. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Is that Up North speak for metric, as is Thambulance, " Shall I call Thambulance" :lol:  :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

Hey don't take the p###, you'll be old someday and ...... bugger, I've forgotten what I was going to say  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Timbox2"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Dug out themetric ones andall is well, they all are exactly the same as the last time. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Is that Up North speak for metric, as is Thambulance, " Shall I call Thambulance" :lol:  :lol:

no, I just get tired of correcting the mistakes when I use the touch keyboard on my new Android tablet  :?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Bixxer Bob

no, I just get tired of correcting the mistakes when I use the touch keyboard on my new Android tablet
 :?

blacktiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"

no, I just get tired of correcting the mistakes when I use the touch keyboard on my new Android tablet  :?

Shouldn't that read "Theandroid tablet"?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Timbox2

Quote from: "blacktiger"

Shouldn't that read "Theandroid tablet"?

Ahh, nearly, Thandroid, as opposed to Thapple, or ThIphone, crap, Im typing with a lizp, have to see thomeone about this
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

Bob, try switching to the Swype keyboard, it's really impressive, this from a dyed in the wool DOS man :wink: You can still type with it or switch back in a couple of taps.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Bob, try switching to the Swype keyboard, it's really impressive, this from a dyed in the wool DOS man :wink: You can still type with it or switch back in a couple of taps.

Ah, DOS..... those were the days :?

Timbox2

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Bob, try switching to the Swype keyboard, it's really impressive, this from a dyed in the wool DOS man :wink: You can still type with it or switch back in a couple of taps.

Ah, DOS..... those were the days :?

I still use DOS on almost a daily basis, most of Dells Server Diagnostics still rely on it
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

I still slip a decimal between Bar & Mpa . :roll:

Bring back Netware I  :wink: