News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Back Protector

Started by Tigertriple, January 26, 2012, 05:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

I'm looking for a bit of advise on back protectors. I've never used one and I'm now considering buying one.

What brands are good?
Do they offer much prortection?
Any other points worth considering?

This is the one I'm thinking of buying

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Forcefield-Pr ... 2a140a2967
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

MarkShelley

I like the Forcefield gear. I have the full upper body set for when I go green laning. Because it is a honeycombe it breathes better than the sold ones.
This ole World keeps spinning round, it`s a wonder tall trees aint layin down.

Tiger 900
BMW R1100GS
Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California
Yamaha TT250R
Yamaha DT50MX
Honda MT50/C90 Hybrid racing moped!
Yamaha DT50MX

daveb

I use a B-square back protector http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0634911899

My bro just bought a different make from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Australian-Bike ... 844&sr=1-1

both really good quality, wont ride with out it now, used to ride the a back protector in the jacket, but they are ce approved foam.

Nick Calne

Wouldn't be without one having crashed in one a couple of times.  A real lifesaver.

One thing I would say is make sure the strap that goes around your middle is long enough.  Mine isn't long enough and I'm lean as they come.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

Quote from: "daveb"both really good quality, wont ride with out it now, used to ride the a back protector in the jacket, but they are ce approved foam.

There by hangs a tale,I only ever wear a 3/4 armoured jacket,as much for the pockets for carrying junk  :oops: ,a decent quality jacket is a pain when new as the back protector takes time to mold to you,having been on the floor in last 18 months things worked well.

Which brings me onto trousers I have a pair with CE foam and another with plastic knee pads,having seen how the trousers with CE foam worked( I had e'm on) I've just had a pair made with the same from Hideout leathers,slight hiccup with fit but thats now sorted.

In short,I'd go with CE foam everytime plastic back proctector will be the same as a plastic helmet,there maybe an argument for one sliding on your back at a track day,but even the pro's don't were e'm it's all about absorbtion,have a look at what Stoner fits in his leathers.

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

daveb

I got knocked off a years ago, wearing full bike kit. Knee pads in leather trousers. ce back armour,
the CE armour works well but fell safer with the back protector.

the B-square armour isnt har plastic but a high density foam, i think

Sin_Tiger

I confess I don't like wearing back protectors, I find them just a bit too restrictive but I do worry about not doing it. Has anyone used the 3DO kit? A friend has the knee pads in his jeans and I am considering ordering a set including the back pads for my jacket.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tigertriple

Thanks for all your input. I have now bought a Forcefield LK2 back protector from my local J&S store.

Looked at the one up from this but it felt like wearing a plank on your back. No good for biking but useful for other pastimes :lol:
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras