News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Vehicle Insurance

Started by Chris Canning, January 31, 2012, 05:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Next time you boys are looking for insurance spare a thought for us commercial folk,just had a phone call for the renewal of my sprinter van they had put it up £300,phone another broker he would do the same for £450 less!!,phone the original broker who I have used for the last 5 years to tell him to send me my no claims,ok he says,phones me back 5 minutes later to tell me the people who wanted £1400 would have matched £950  :roll:,you can just imagine the conversation after that  :lol:

Tigertriple

No surprise there then. Insurance companies are a bunch of robbing Bastards. Just renewed my bike insurance and after the usual stick up routine I finally got it down by over 60% off their starting price :shock:

Car insurance will no doubt be the same when it's due   :evil:
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Moorso

It does seem you have to haggle (from my experience) recently. Bike insurance renewal was last week - they had tried to up my premiums despite not making a claim or having a peep out of me.

I was on the phone with him and had used a price comparison website while on the phone, when the smug git told me the price I told him that the cheapest competitor (who was MCE weirdly) were 60% cheaper the cheeky (insert expletive) then said he didn't believe me. After e-mailing him the screen grab of the comparison I said "I believe you have a price match guarentee".....his response was "Erm....eh....erm....yes sir....er do" (the first time he called me sir also!). SO the upshot is I got the insurance for the cheapest price without comprimising my policy. Victory against the man in my book!!  :wings
Author of 'Valhalla and the Fjord'
Currently editing my second book: 'Hibernia - Journals from a Motorcycle'

Columnist for Motorcycle Explorer Magazine and Ulster Grand Prix

Even as a grown man, I still don't know what I want to do - trying to become Ted Simon!!

2013 Triumph Explorer