News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine light after dead battery

Started by fly'nPirate, February 05, 2012, 04:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly'nPirate

The bike ... 2000 885i.

Ok...I'm sure I'm not alone at doing this, but I shut off the bike with the kill-switch and 20 minutes later realized I hadn't turned off the ignition switch. Sure enough, not enough volts left to start the bike. No problem...just bump started it and all was well. The battery is recharged, HOWEVER the yellow engine light will not go out. It was fine before killing the battery. Is there a method of resetting the light? I unplugged the battery thinking that may reset the light but no deal. I certainly hope that just running the battery down wouldn't cause a greater problem. Any help?
"Two Wings or Two Wheels, Just Haul Ass!"

topher0268

I think after you start it, let it warm up, and turn it off a few times it should go out on it's own. Pretty sure the magic number is 3. After that I'm pretty sure you have to dive in with Tune ECU or Tune Boy and see what's causing the light.

Since it occurred after the battery died it will most likely reset itself.
2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

Timbox2

Yep, as said above, one of the sensors has picked up a low voltage. The MIL light will go out after 3 warm up cool down cycles as long as the battery has got enough charge.
2016 Tiger Sport

fly'nPirate

Excellent...I've only ridden it twice since killing the battery. I'll put a slow trickle charge on it and ride it a couple more times.

Thanks for the input ... I'll post the results.
"Two Wings or Two Wheels, Just Haul Ass!"