News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

UK National Tiger Weekend First weekend June 05

Started by trotts, January 04, 2005, 09:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trotts

Who is up for it then ? :D

Having bounced this idea about a couple of us from the West country are prepared to host the first 'National' Tiger rally from Deepest darkest Somerset.  If a success then perhaps another year some kind soul in another part of the UK would have a go !  The Plot....

Friday Evening  3/6/05 ( those coming from afar) Arrival  Either B/Bs, Hotels, or camping can be arranged.

Saturday 4/6/05  Ride out from 1000hrs from a location from Clevedon seafront .  Route through Somerset, Mendips, Quantocks, Exmoor, to costal resort at Lynmouth.  Return via different route arriving back in Clevedon 1630 hrs. Route planned is around 200 miles. Local Pub will host riders for war stories, Pub Grub, possibly B B Q at 1930hrs onwards.  Route planners issued to all Riders.

Sunday 5/6/05 Ride out from Clevedon into S Wales for Lunch.  Approx 80 miles.  Dispersal.  Own way home.

Alan Barns has kindly offered to sort out a well proven ride to appeal to all, with drop off points for Riders to go at own pace. A B and C class roads. I would sort out all acommodation either B/Bs, Hotels, or local camping on what ever budget your on.  This is the only weekend we can do.  Most hotels are very resonable around here.  The landlord of the pub will allow camping in his garden as well !!

This will be put up on the UK Riders Yahoo site and TriumphRatnet sites.  I would hope for 20 Tigers to make it worth the effort.  30 or more, well who knows !! :D   So put it in your diary and have a think about it.  If the sunshines it will be a cracking weekend.

Well, who in principle is up for it.  If you are post, and pm me with questions !!   Roll on Spring :)
Dave T

Brock

That's a brilliant idea. 20 Tigers should be no problem. All being well I'll be there.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

tigerjohn

Count me in, provisionally......not that I'd have to go far. Alan's last Somerset ride out almost went past my front door. Infact, you could all drop in for coffee/tea - that would get the neighbour's talking!

SIBBO

yep ,i think the proverb goes something like  "be there or be square" and i want to be round or a triangle or something!!!!!

ChrisN

I think it's a great idea.

Pity the dates set include my wifes birthday!

But if the dates move let me know and I'll be there.
Chris

robbo

I like the idea in principle but canÌt guarantee to be there, itÌs a fare old trek from up here.
best Regards

Robbo

violin

sounds great and maybe decent weather??   count us in, if we can make it we will :lol:

Ted :-({|=
WHEN THE TIGER SALAAMS, THE END OF THE WORLD ARRIVES..........