News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2001 Matte black kitty for sale.

Started by zombie2, February 12, 2012, 10:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie2

Well I finally decided to punt my Kitty
It's matte black.
It's loaded ,
Front end sorted with progressive springs and gold tech emulators
massive improvement on front end feedback and reduces dive on hard braking.
side bags in Black.
New brake pads recently
Tank bag, heated grips.
TOR pipe
Gel seat front and rear.
new stator/regulator and alternator installed less than 5k ago.
New rings installed see this link http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,8843
Did a trip to Alaska on the thing.
http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/viewto ... bie+alaska
Used to run dymags on it but switched back to stock rims for the Alaska trip.
When I ran dymags the speedo would read 110 at about 70 and then switched back to stockers and the speedo broke on the way home in Sturgis.
Replace steering head bearings and wheel bearings after Alaska.
Took it to the Triumph bash in Bennington last year and put 1500 flawless miles on it,.
Touratech crash bars
Hagon shock with seperate reservoir rebuilt by Sasquatch (all round good man)
The good the bad and the ugly is rolled into this thing so you get the best of both worlds.
Oh yeah the feeler pegs no longer exsist due to back road scratching and getting a tad overexuberant. (they were in the way anyway)
Always changed the oil with full synthetic at 3k.
Mileage sez 50k on the clock and after doing my fuzzy math is about right.
I've had this thing since new and rode it as it was intended to be ridden , hard.
Does have a rebuilt title from a small off in my driveway in 02 , scratched pipe and torn seat  it had 2100miles and they wanted to write it off which was beyond me so I bargained with them and kept it hence the replacement.
Valves were done at the same time as the ring replacement.
Sprockets and chain have less the 4k on them
Religous oil changes except when I let it get hot crossing the dakotas in 114 degrees and forgot to check the oil level an hence the piston rings replacement
Has a touratech bag for the rear carrier.
Have a ton of spares for this thing, tank, rear wheel, front fairing full front brake system and stock shock with low miles and a bunch of other stuff that I couldn't resist picking it up cos it was cheap.
Have a shitty triumph center stand thats sort of shagged but I use it to check the chain alingment.
So what you get is instant strret cred and a WTF is that thing as you mosey on your way.
Only reason I'm selling this is I got another 01 so 2 are redundant but they look nice together.
I've done a track day on this and have hunted down many an unsuspecting sportbike and left them in the dust especially with the dymags which do not go with the bike unless you want them and we can work a seperate deal.
It is what it is and goes really well and comes with cool stickers from everywhere.
SO instant strret cred and your missus will start calling you El Jefe cos it's cool baby really cool.
I've had to beat of babes on this thing ,well I cut them off and they were a little pissed off but hey I still had to beat them off so thats a win
$3250 or B.O. or trades considered, looking for an earlier trumpet chop working or not or other interesting crap that tickles me fancy.

zombie2

I'm thinking of parting this thing out.
If there's enough interest I'll do it.

TheMule

Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

zombie2

no longer for sale.
I got inspired and started mutilating it to
make a survival type bike cos the end of
the world is coming.

Mustang

want me to punt the thread to the apocalypse  ? :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

zombie2

It'sa coming
I have this cross between Mad Max and some
mutant type bike in my head.
Do ya think I need to get out more? :lol:

dj_squelch

Please sell me the TOR?  You're going to run straight pipes anyways right?  Either way post pics of apocalyptic bike, I wanna see it!

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...