News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Newspaper crying foul!

Started by John Stenhouse, February 13, 2012, 11:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

Is it just me or does the senior editor of The Sun want shooting?

He's been bleating all day about the heavy handed treatment that his journalists have had to put up with from the police investigating allegations of bribery involving senior police figures.

Err, Hello, reality check, the sister newspaper to this comic has just been shut down after it was revealed that they routinely hacked the voicemail of politicians, celebrities and a little girl who was murdered.

Now the first two I'm not especially bothered about, though a certain amount of privacy should be allowed to anyone. But the last, no way no how.

Trevor Kavanagh, people in glass house.................
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

robxxxx

Hows that saying go....We get the press that we deserve.

Your right John, he wants more than shooting if you ask me. I hate the tabloid attitude of "...in the public's interest". This seems to get used as an excuse to invade the privacy of anyone they deem to be "news" worthy.
The Max Mosley case was a classic. Who cares that he paid for prostitutes, who cares that he got into a bit of bdsm, no one. The papers angle was that the girls were dressed as Nazi's!!
Its long overdue that the tabloids have the tables turned on them.

Chris Canning

There's no ideal,certainley don't want a press that runs amuck,but don't want one thats stifled either,the answer?? don't know.

Sin_Tiger

You should take a look at our local rag, The Straits Times or Straits Pravda as it's often referred to, I think you get the idea.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Been to Singapore so I know the Strait Times, and you and Chris are both right a free press is important.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Nick Calne

Quote from: "robxxxx"Who cares that he paid for prostitutes, who cares that he got into a bit of bdsm, no one. The papers angle was that the girls were dressed as Nazi's!!

What's not to like?  :lol:
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Spud

Dont like what they print dont buy them  :shock:  , sunday sport, now there's a paper  :roll:  cheers Spud  :wink:

2doggs

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Been to Singapore so I know the Strait Times, and you and Chris are both right a free press is important.

Where does one find a free press nowadays?
2002 Tiger
2006 Speed Triple

robxxxx

Quote from: "2doggs"Where does one find a free press nowadays?

The internet! Its about as free as a free press will get. There are so many social media and blogging sites now it is very hard to stifle someones views and opinions. You only have to look at recent events of the Arab spring to see that social media played a big part in it, despite the fact that governments tried to block or censor.

Me. I just use it to look at bare, naked ladies. Oh and bike forums.....

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "robxxxx"....Me. I just use it to look at bare, naked ladies. Oh and bike forums.....
Not bare naked ladies, but a funny take on the subject.  Although  this is on You Tube and so meets someone's standards of decency, it's maybe not wife safe :roll:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_ur ... PrCo&gl=GB
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

2doggs

Quote from: "robxxxx"
Quote from: "2doggs"Where does one find a free press nowadays?

The internet! Its about as free as a free press will get. There are so many social media and blogging sites now it is very hard to stifle someones views and opinions. You only have to look at recent events of the Arab spring to see that social media played a big part in it, despite the fact that governments tried to block or censor.

Me. I just use it to look at bare, naked ladies. Oh and bike forums.....
View and opinions are my issue.  That's not news.  I dont trust self proclaimed bloggers.  I do trust the raw vdeo footage that gets put out on the social networks, but all bloggers are biased one way or another.  There is no straight news anymore.  It's all interpreted news regergetated multiple times over and over and over.

As for naked girls and bike forums.....Thank god for some sanity.  8)
2002 Tiger
2006 Speed Triple

NKL

Why is it you can't dress as a Nazi nowadays?
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100