News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Run Tiger Run !!!

Started by Tiger955, January 06, 2005, 06:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger955

I am starting reasearch on "Operation - Run Tiger Run"

Subject - stock 2002 Tiger955i

Target  - MORE HORSE POWER / MORE SPEED

Budget - ???

Completion Date - May 1st 2005

Please check back for updates on findings and progress.

And All Suggestions are welcome.

Actually I just want to give my tiger more power so if you have any suggestions, please send them along. I am going to look into exaust, air box/filter, sprocket size, tire size and aftermarket computers. I am also wanting to look into the Triumph computer tweek. I look forward to hearing from all the Tiger Gang. [/quote]

tomla

what computer tweak might this be?  

are you talking about the tuneboy, different factory tunes, or tweaking sensors....or something completely different?

Tiger955

Yes, I was refering to the Tuneboy.

abell

A turbo should do the trick for you!
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

cbxtc6

Just put the Daytona 955 mill in it.  Should be several sitting in m/c junkyards.  Should bolt right up.

My '02 'Tona puts out 145RWHP with minimal tweaks/$.

Brock

Forget the extra power...she don't need it. Any more power in that chassis with that suspension would be pointless.

If you must spend money on her, upgrade the suspension and brakes like Chris C did.

Failing that, just fit a race can and enjoy the music.

The Tiger is a fun bike. It was never intended to be faster than it is.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

zombie

Bingo Brock ya hit the nail on the head. I did the front suspension upgrade and put dymags on it and it's just silly fun and also the trumpet off road can

Badger

Quote from: "zombie"...I did the front suspension upgrade...

What suspension upgrade  :?  :?:
Growing Old Disgracefully

abell

I agree, it has plenty of welly. But if you are using 100% of the available power and speed all the time, then I'd love to know where you are doing your riding so do share, then I can book my holidays  : )
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

Tiger955

Good Question.....lol

I live in Southern Ontario Canada. We have highways called the 400 series.

Chris Canning

I'd have my doubts about wanting much more HP either,maybe a tad but it would be a tad as well!!!,as far as suspension upgrades go,for the rear you can go,White Power or Ohlin there are several budget shocks as well that will give a marked improvement,for the front there are just as many different front fork springs,all you've got to do is decide which oil grade to going to go for!!!!

Although of all the mods i've done to mine the one that stands out the most is the Beringer front brakes,just a different league.

Chris

Mr Mistoffelees

I agree with the comments about brakes and suspension .... but like Tiger 955 I would like the bike to have a wee bit more hp and more importantly TORQUE

Tiger 955 get your bike Dyno tested before you start modding so you have a realistic base line to work from.

p.s. Thunderbike in New Zeland to an aftermarket pipe which apparantly improves the hp  :lol:

keep us posted  :wink:
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions

ridin gaijin

Quote from: "Tiger955"Target  - MORE HORSE POWER / MORE SPEED

Why? Most riders, myself included, could spend a lifetime learning to safely explore the potential our machines presently have. It's axoimatic that the technology is generally advancing faster than most riders are able to--or care to--upgrade their skills. Suspension, braking, paint scheme...these are all things that can and IMO should be tweaked for individual comfort and safety, but we are already among the fastest things on the street. And off-road, more power for a bike like the Tiger's just not necessary.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Tiggytrish

I think Power requirements need to be assessed on an individual basis depending upon ones situation.  I used to live in Birmingham, England 10 years ago and the Tiger is more than powerful enough for the majority of riding there and surrounding area.  You could get up a good crack on the Fosseway in places but now it has cameras and too much traffic.

I now live in Arizona and there are many roads out of the big cities where you can stay for significant periods of time at 100mph+ (yes I have a radar detector).  Couple this with 2 up, a boat load of luggage and lots of mountainous gradients and yes, a little more power would be nice occasionally.  I think the 1050 should do it nicely for me as long as they optimize the torque.  I ride long distances so the power gain from noisy pipes is unacceptable.  I prefer stealth riding, rather than attracting attention.

Mr Mistoffelees

I got to be honest, more HP and Torque for the Traffic Light GP would be great  :lol:

I'm use to riding the GSX1400 and the Torque was outstanding  8) and made the bike much much safer to ride.

You can never have too much, just being able to tap into it when needed for those quick overtakes and blasts down straight roads is a must.

Has anyone looked into boring out the current mill for a few more cc's ?

The exhaust route is the cheapest way to more power, but the noise level has become unacceptable in todays conformest society   :evil:

+ look at it this way, if it was wrong, then why would Triumph make a machine like the Rocket 3 - its a damn cruiser that goes like a errr rocket  :D
There\'s no such Cat in the metropolis;

He holds all the patent monopolies

For performing suprising illusions

And creating eccentric confusions