News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

overdue service

Started by New-Tiger, January 06, 2005, 10:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

New-Tiger

My 6000 mile service is now overdue. In fact i've gone 6600 miles. I got carried away and rode to Holland. Is this gonna be trouble for my warranty?

The engine seems to get smoother every day. Is it still running in?

As the Tiger is my first bike, i can't compare it with anything else. Are all motorbikes this much fun???!!!

Silver Tiger 05

Race Can

6600m(oops)

ChrisN

It shouldn't be a problem with the warranty but you are stretching it. I would get that oil change done as soon as possible. The Tiger certainly does seem to get better with every mile!
Chris

abell

Don't worry about it - just get that oil and filter change done and check the other fluids. I have gone more overdue on servicing my Daytona and that has twentysomething thousand miles on the clock with no problems to speak of.

A dealer should only be able to question warranty issues if there is evidence that the lack of factory-recommended servicing has resulted in your problem.

If you didn't get the tune downloaded for your race can, then a dealer service would be an opportunity to have that done.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

Brock

At 6,000 miles the engine should be just starting to loosen up, even though you'll have seen some changes already.

Just wait 'till she's done 12,000!
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

ridin gaijin

Quote from: "New-Tiger"My 6000 mile service is now overdue. In fact i've gone 6600 miles. I got carried away and rode to Holland. Is this gonna be trouble for my warranty?

At 600 miles over you are absolutely screwed. You will have to send the bike to me personally so it can go through an elaborate decomissioning process, which will probably take years and tens of thousands of miles, but I'll do it for you for free.

:mrgreen:

...Holland, eh? Where's the pics?
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Brock

He he he he he...I like that.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein